Competitions poll

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

when there is a competition can we get more people to vote by placing the poll in the index some how
eather at the top or on the side? it may get more people into entering
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a sticky in General for this
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cowkiller, have you ever looked at how the poll script is included in phpBB? I would not ever consider to be the one to write the mod to do what you are suggesting. More power to the individual that does. It's not a bad idea, but that would take some serious dedication to write the script for that. First question being, how do you determmine which poll gets displayed if there are multiple ones, (which there will be once Rose posts the three current ones)?

Code-wise it's a task I can pretty much assure you that Bigweb is not going to take on.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW - i have seen/used a few mod's on phpbbhacks.com that add a poll and new and so on to the side of the board if you could mod this mod just a little so you can have more then one poll at a time

i would not have a clue on how to do this but there are vary smart people that may know
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool idea but probably not practical to put it on the index page.

I have got a sticky up in the General section which I keep up to date - that has brought a lot more interest to the comps and we have more people entering (and new people) than ever before which is really cool.

Cheers!
Rose
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are some in the comp's but there the only ones who vote if there are a few polls on the side then more people might take the time to vote

and to add to that little mod you could trun off seeing them from your profile that way people would not be bitching about them andif there are noneto vote on noone would see or something like that

anyway just something would like to see
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cowkiller. It's not going to work. Your suggestion isn't a bad idea, but I can tell you right now that it won't happen. What you're suggesting would take too much time for those of us who are intimately familiar with phpBB to even think about writing a mod for this. Sorry. You might suggest it at phhpbb forums if you want, but I think I can speak for the others here that are comfortable writing mods for phpBB that this just isn't going to fly here.

We do appreciate your ongoing suggestions though.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh well.. it is just something i would like to see and think that it will help more people to vote

what about a pm to all the members about the competitions and or the polls?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts