Did Ozzu get a hair cut ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Something seems different about the post listings. Did the wording for thread starter and replies change ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was one change. The other change was to put the replies and views on the right hand side in a column. Before it was all together which made it hard to figure out by just glancing what topics have had a lot of replies or views. Does it seem okay?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed it as well; I like it.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm liking it as well. :D

Did the topic/reply notification emails lose some weight today, too ?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not as far as I am aware :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bet I just noticed one type of email is shorter than the other(s) because of this other change.

The topic reply notification, which I get from threads I individually subscribe to, is short and to the point.

Quote:
Hello joebert,

"Computer Fans" has received a reply since your last visit. You can view
the newest post here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=103629&p=576879&e=576879

The notifications I get from watching a forum, are a little more drawn out though.

Quote:
Hello joebert,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the forum,
"Forum Name" at "Ozzu Webmaster Forum". This forum has received a new
topic since your last visit, "Topic Name". You can use the following link
to view the forum, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the
forum.

Quote:
Hello joebert,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the forum,
"Forum Name" at "Ozzu Webmaster Forum". This forum has received a new
reply to the topic "Topic Name" since your last visit. You can use the
following link to view the last unread reply, no more notifications will be
sent until you visit the topic.

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just noticed the background image for code tags in the advanced reply message box. :D

I added the following to my user.css in Opera so that message will go away once I start typing something.

CSS Code: [ Select ]
#message:focus {background:#fff !important;}
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that idea, just added that :)
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does that CSS do? I'm a little confused what background image your talking about.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spoof, go into the programming/website-design forums and have a look at the quick reply and advanced reply textareas in those forums. There is a message about code tags embedded into the textarea backgrounds.

The CSS uses the pseudo selector for when an element has focus, in the case of a textarea focus is had while the user is typing something into the textarea.

"#message" is the ID of the textarea Ozzu uses in the reply form. So "#message:focus" applies to that textarea, but only while the user has it selected for typing.

Since the textareas embedded message is a background image, "background:#fff" overrides that background image with a solid color.

"!important" (which I always confusingly read wrong as 'not important') is there only for my user.css and the purpose of it is to tell the browser my user.css rule should have precedence over Ozzus' CSS rules.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've not been on my computer in over a week and currently use my iPhone to browse the web. With the changes made though it does look alot tidier on thr iPhone. I am interested to see if that was one of the reasons you wanted to do this Brian?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
"!important" (which I always confusingly read wrong as 'not important') is there only for my user.css and the purpose of it is to tell the browser my user.css rule should have precedence over Ozzus' CSS rules.

Yeah I figured that, but for some reason unless I actually put that "!important" in the CSS file here it also did not work. I will have to look further into that as usually that would not be necessary.

SB wrote:
I've not been on my computer in over a week and currently use my iPhone to browse the web. With the changes made though it does look alot tidier on thr iPhone. I am interested to see if that was one of the reasons you wanted to do this Brian?

That really wasn't the reason, but glad it had a positive effect there too. I do plan to some day make a mobile version of Ozzu which would be super mobile phone friendly.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
joebert wrote:

Yeah I figured that, but for some reason unless I actually put that "!important" in the CSS file here it also did not work. I will have to look further into that as usually that would not be necessary.

It is strange. I would think that the pseudo selector would be more specific and make the rule take precedence over the background rule in the style attribute. Though, since the style attribute doesn't have a way to specify pseudo selectors when defining rules there, I'm guessing that rules defined in the style attribute are automatically applied to all pseudo states of the element. This would make the selector derived from the style attribute, and the CSS file based pseudo selector equal and having the style attribute take precedence over something in a CSS file would make sense again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts