Domain name section?

• ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are the chances of having a dedicated section for those who are wanting to buy/sell domain names?

Just a thought...

RJ
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it would end up with too much spam, and also encourage people to buy domains and sit on them so noone else can have them unless they pay some really stupid price, which is really lame.
  • crystalized
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see how it would encourage any more spam than any other forum...
Anyway, I think we should have some sort of buy/trade/sell space on Ozzu for domains, graphics, and even tech help. Maybe we can modify the "job opporturnies" forum...
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to sell, there's eBay. Just getting the job opportunities forum took a lot of convincing - and we have monitored it VERY closely.

You guys don't see the amount of spams we delete every day, because they're removed as soon as they're seen (usually within a few minutes of posting).

A buy/sell/trade forum would simply open up the door to every spammer wanting to sell their services - which then devalues the paying advertisers on the site. The paying advertisers would walk (why should they have to pay when they can post for free?). Without those paying advertisers, this site would simply not exist (what do you think pays for the cost of the server the site runs on?)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh yeah good point Axe. I forgot about the sponsored links.
  • Hush.....
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hush.....

Post 3+ Months Ago

ramone_johnny wrote:
What are the chances of having a dedicated section for those who are wanting to buy/sell domain names?

Just a thought...

RJ

yes, that would be very helpful......, great idea man, i hope who ever runs this plase will listen to u to make this forum even better ....
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hush..... wrote:
ramone_johnny wrote:

Just a thought...

RJ

yes, that would be very helpful......, great idea man, i hope who ever runs this plase will listen to u to make this forum even better ....

Axe wrote:
If you want to sell, there's eBay. Just getting the job opportunities forum took a lot of convincing - and we have monitored it VERY closely.

You guys don't see the amount of spams we delete every day, because they're removed as soon as they're seen (usually within a few minutes of posting).

A buy/sell/trade forum would simply open up the door to every spammer wanting to sell their services - which then devalues the paying advertisers on the site. The paying advertisers would walk (why should they have to pay when they can post for free?). Without those paying advertisers, this site would simply not exist (what do you think pays for the cost of the server the site runs on?)
  • Hush.....
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hush.....

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
Hush..... wrote:
ramone_johnny wrote:

Just a thought...

RJ

Axe wrote:

ok, thas cool, no more questions

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts