I don't get.

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why the games forum is being pruned, I mean active topics are being cut in half, yet ones that have no replies or are actually spam are still there?

Whats the go there?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well obviously some mod's got a hold of a pair of scissors and is trying out their cutting power on the ozzu paper.

All well and good to prune spam and inactive stuff ... but this is madness, aberration, absurdity, craziness, delirium, delusion, derangement, fanaticism, irrationality, lunacy, mania ... et cetera.

I loved my post count ... then they destroys it [gollum/smealgol voice] [cries hysterically]
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't understand why the games are being cut in half yet posts like this...

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/reasons-why-windows-not-virus-t80741.html

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/urbandead-com-t77094.html

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/over-000-free-games-t69584.html

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/how-many-number-you-get-for-your-domain-t76403.html

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/photoshop-your-pet-t65957.html

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/post-the-weirdest-funniest-picture-you-have-seen-t60690.html

Still remain!

I mean they are useless, spam, or no one cares about them. But the games people play are getting cut and chopped and all the rest.

And no this is not about my post count, I couldn't really care less how many posts I have, its just the fact someone is trying to justify decreasing post counts by pruning the forum of apparently "useless games" when posts like that are still there..

Please explain..
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.ozzu.com/posting-games/posting-game-resets-t81712.html

It is to keep the threads from getting really large. Probably has to do something with server load and all of that.

I do agree that the threads you listed are quite useless.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't get how someone can spend ages splitting topics and miss ones like that which took me about 3 minutes to find.

Maybe getting rid of all the useless, pointless topics would be more of an idea then deleting ones people actually enjoy and use?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
I just don't get how someone can spend ages splitting topics and miss ones like that which took me about 3 minutes to find.

Maybe getting rid of all the useless, pointless topics would be more of an idea then deleting ones people actually enjoy and use?

Hey that sounds pretty cool ... I like the idea of that ...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

We aren't removing the threads because of post counts. When these rather large topics get too big they can seriously increase the server load affecting the performance for everyone (remember awhile back when everyone was complaining about the speed of ozzu?). So large game threads are being cut when they get too big to prevent that from happening. We aren't removing the games completely so that the game can continue, however, there is really no logical reason to keep or archive the game posts because it is useless content that nobody will need to go back to anyway. I really see no reason that anybody would get upset about this except for those who are wanting their post counts inflated.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol I forgot we have a game forum. I don't think I've looked at a single post there in two years.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
We aren't removing the threads because of post counts. When these rather large topics get too big they can seriously increase the server load affecting the performance for everyone (remember awhile back when everyone was complaining about the speed of ozzu?). So large game threads are being cut when they get too big to prevent that from happening. We aren't removing the games completely so that the game can continue, however, there is really no logical reason to keep or archive the game posts because it is useless content that nobody will need to go back to anyway. I really see no reason that anybody would get upset about this except for those who are wanting their post counts inflated.

Not upset, just confused. I've been here a few years and my post count isn't that great and when the threads were cut I only lost 100 or so posts. That wasn't what I was really saying. I was saying that someone is going on a rampage cutting posts when posts that are useless remain there. It just doesn't look good to the members who are upset about the posting games being cut. It also shows someone who is taking the care to upset certain people, but not to remove things that really shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I get what you are saying about server loading and stuff, but my point is here, that if things were done properly, it would be better for Ozzu, and members wouldn't be getting upset.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The title of this thread says it all. :roll:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure Bigweb could have made it any more clear Benat. I can't think of anything to add to help clarify it. It's basically just that simple. It's the same reason I took an entire day last year to split the Introduce yourself thread Anually. That post was really bogging down OZZU
  • tine
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:

and what is that supposed to mean joe?

benat is just trying to make a point that maybe mods should be removing useless threads as well... it kinda is their job.
Personal irrelevent comments like that dont need to be made.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was not asking for anymore clarification. Just forget it. Obviously I am not getting my point across properly, so nevermind.

joebert wrote:

Its comments like this that make me not want to come back to Ozzu, because I can't even voice an opinion without being made to feel like an idiot.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat, you were asking for clarification when you said

Quote:
Not upset, just confused.

Bigwebmaster gave you the exact reason for the pruning. You are getting your point across but you don't seem to be understanding why he's doing it. I understand you feel joebert may be picking on you, but that has nothing to do with this post. His reference was to the subject line you chose. Your prior post indicated you still didn't understand.

If you understand, let me know and I'll just lock this thread.

I'll send you a PM shortly to explain other details.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts