No Double Posting

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is just a thing that might be interesting, dont take this into much consideration.

I know alot of people dont like it when people post a reply then 10 seconds later another reply(This is different then an hour later). This doesnt bother me at all because I dont care about post count.

Here is my idea. A script that checks to see if the current poster is the same as the last post. If it is then it will add the post to the last post.

So if user Bob@Work posts a reply to a topic and then comes back 20 minutes later with an update but desides to post a new reply and no one else has posted yet the script will take Bob@Work's reply and add it to the last one.

I just think this would be kinda cool.

Also to stop the double post as in, lag post(When the Computer lags and sumits two responses so the server adds two replys). A script that checks to see if the previous post is the same as the next it will not submit that last post.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a cool idea you have. I might have to consider someting like that. With regards to this part:

SpooF wrote:
Also to stop the double post as in, lag post(When the Computer lags and sumits two responses so the server adds two replys). A script that checks to see if the previous post is the same as the next it will not submit that last post.

I already installed a new modification a few months back which prevents people from double posting. You can find that post which talks about it here:

http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-upgraded-t56097.html

The mention of the double post mod is about 1/4 of the way down on the first post.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first part is easily changed. In ACP config section just change the timeout on flood interval. The default is 15 seconds.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well he is not just referring to that. He is basically saying if someone replies to a topic where they were already the last poster. In that case it would simply edit and append their changes to their last post, instead of making a new one.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

See how I just made another post? In his example this wouldn't happen, even if 20 minutes has passed since nobody has posted on this topic since me.
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

to contribute to ideas, why don't we have it split the posts by <br><hr width="80%"><br> in each reply?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts