drop-down forum selection

• lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's been ages since I saw the drop-down box in the bottom-right corner for quick navigation between forums. Has it gone for good?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I removed it for performance reasons and I also felt it was repetitive since all of those same links are on the top right of ozzu. Did you use the drop down box all the time?
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I used it sporadically. When I did, most often on long threads/posts - saved having to scroll all the way to the top again to navigate to another board.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the left hand side below everyone's post count there is a "Back To top" link that can get you back to the top very fast. Just thought I would point that out if you didn't realize it :)
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
On the left hand side below everyone's post count there is a "Back To top" link that can get you back to the top very fast. Just thought I would point that out if you didn't realize it :)

Forgot about that! :oops:
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

and at the bottem fo the forums is the links back to the main part or the forum that your in..
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
and at the bottem fo the forums is the links back to the main part or the forum that your in..

Yeah, know about that. Just used the drop-down to navigate between forums.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's the Home key, that will scroll to the top of the page on some systems.

Holding the mouse button down for a second on the top of the window scrollbar track (not the arrow) will get you to the top with the pointer right next to the links on some browsers.

Pressing the A key with one hand will focus the index pages link at the top of the page allowing you to get the mouse to the links with the other hand in Opera.

The jumpbox could be put back in via user.js with Opera..
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yea. The ol' dropdown box. It was there when I first joined Ozzu, but I never even noticed it was gone :shock:. I used to use it quite often.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Funny_Fuzz wrote:
Ah yea. The ol' dropdown box. It was there when I first joined Ozzu, but I never even noticed it was gone :shock:. I used to use it quite often.

One thing that was useful, was that it listed all forums. Not all fora are available in the top-right of the page (e.g. Yahoo Forum, MSN, Forum, Posting Games). I guess it's only an extra click away.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good catch ulstermonkey ! :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone using Opera 9, can get the jumpbox back with this user.js

Right-Click an Ozzu page
Click Edit Site Prefrences
Click Scripting tab in the popup
At the bottom of that tab, Choose a folder for Opera to look for user.js scripts to use at Ozzu only.
Open Notepad & paste the code below into it.
Save it as jumpbox.js in that folder.

Code: [ Select ]
if(/ftopic|sutra|viewtopic|forum\d+/i.test(window.location)){
forum_jumpbox = function(){
    var jumpbox = document.createElement('form');
    jumpbox.innerHTML = '<select id="userjsjumpbox"><optgroup label="General Topics"><option value="forum1.html">General Discussion</option><option value="forum42.html">Announcements & Rules</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Website Design & Development"><option value="forum15.html">Website Design Forum</option><option value="forum33.html">Programming / Scripting / Coding Forum</option><option value="forum39.html">Website Reviews</option><option value="forum11.html">Website Hosting Forum</option><option value="forum8.html">Flash and ActionScript Forum</option><option value="forum41.html">Drawing, Digital Art, and Photography Forum</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Operating Systems & Hardware"><option value="forum18.html">Microsoft Windows Forum</option><option value="forum17.html">Unix / Linux Forum</option>    <option value="forum47.html">Hardware</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Internet Marketing"><option value="forum29.html">Google Forum</option><option value="forum58.html">Yahoo Forum</option><option value="forum59.html">MSN Forum</option><option value="forum36.html">Other Search Engines & Directories</option><option value="forum60.html">Paid Advertising</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Extra"><option value="forum46.html">Competitions</option><option value="forum52.html">Job Opportunities</option><option value="forum50.html">Posting Games</option><option value="forum16.html">Test Forum</option><option value="forum35.html">Suggestions / Comments</option></optgroup></select>&nbsp;<input type="button" value="Go" onclick="window.location=document.getElementById(\'userjsjumpbox\').value" class="liteoption"/>';
    var spot = document.getElementsByTagName('ul');
    for(var i=0; i<spot.length; i++){
        if(spot.item(i).className == 'authlist'){
            spot = spot.item(i);
            break;
        }
    }
    spot.parentNode.insertBefore(jumpbox, spot);
    window.removeEventListener('load', forum_jumpbox, false);
}
window.addEventListener('load', forum_jumpbox, false);
}
  1. if(/ftopic|sutra|viewtopic|forum\d+/i.test(window.location)){
  2. forum_jumpbox = function(){
  3.     var jumpbox = document.createElement('form');
  4.     jumpbox.innerHTML = '<select id="userjsjumpbox"><optgroup label="General Topics"><option value="forum1.html">General Discussion</option><option value="forum42.html">Announcements & Rules</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Website Design & Development"><option value="forum15.html">Website Design Forum</option><option value="forum33.html">Programming / Scripting / Coding Forum</option><option value="forum39.html">Website Reviews</option><option value="forum11.html">Website Hosting Forum</option><option value="forum8.html">Flash and ActionScript Forum</option><option value="forum41.html">Drawing, Digital Art, and Photography Forum</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Operating Systems & Hardware"><option value="forum18.html">Microsoft Windows Forum</option><option value="forum17.html">Unix / Linux Forum</option>    <option value="forum47.html">Hardware</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Internet Marketing"><option value="forum29.html">Google Forum</option><option value="forum58.html">Yahoo Forum</option><option value="forum59.html">MSN Forum</option><option value="forum36.html">Other Search Engines & Directories</option><option value="forum60.html">Paid Advertising</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Extra"><option value="forum46.html">Competitions</option><option value="forum52.html">Job Opportunities</option><option value="forum50.html">Posting Games</option><option value="forum16.html">Test Forum</option><option value="forum35.html">Suggestions / Comments</option></optgroup></select>&nbsp;<input type="button" value="Go" onclick="window.location=document.getElementById(\'userjsjumpbox\').value" class="liteoption"/>';
  5.     var spot = document.getElementsByTagName('ul');
  6.     for(var i=0; i<spot.length; i++){
  7.         if(spot.item(i).className == 'authlist'){
  8.             spot = spot.item(i);
  9.             break;
  10.         }
  11.     }
  12.     spot.parentNode.insertBefore(jumpbox, spot);
  13.     window.removeEventListener('load', forum_jumpbox, false);
  14. }
  15. window.addEventListener('load', forum_jumpbox, false);
  16. }

The jumpbox will appear above the Authlist in topics & topic-lists where it used to.

If someone asks Katana nicely, he might be able to turn it into somthing that works with Firefox. ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts