Firefox spellcheck doesn't work in FF subject fields

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is anyone else annoyed that FF spellcheck doesn't work in FF subject fields?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

As in the subject line when you make a post ?

Opera does the same thing. It drives me nuts that I have to copy/paste to/from the message area to spell check the subject of a message. I have to right-click the fields and select spell check to invoke the GNU spell checker though, whereas Firefox has that while you type thing going on.

I can only imagine who ever is in charge of spell checking figured <input> fields are only used for peoples names and other info not likely to be found in a spell checkers dictionary.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer at the moment can't copy/paste things which is annoying. Especially when you want to check a hijackthis log. :x
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
My computer at the moment can't copy/paste things which is annoying. Especially when you want to check a hijackthis log. :x

Not really understanding how that is relevant to this topic.

I'd agree with joebert with...

joebert wrote:
I can only imagine who ever is in charge of spell checking figured <input> fields are only used for peoples names and other info not likely to be found in a spell checkers dictionary.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joebert wrote:
Opera does the same thing. It drives me nuts that I have to copy/paste to/from the message area to spell check the subject of a message. I have to right-click the fields and select spell check to invoke the GNU spell checker though, whereas Firefox has that while you type thing going on.

Bogey wrote:

Now do you? :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts