Folding@home

• Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

With all the people that use this forum, have you folks ever thought about creating a Folding Team ?

http://folding.stanford.edu

Create a Folding Team

It is basicaly a client side application the mimcs the folding of proteins to help medical scientists understand the patterns of protein folding more. Thus, helping them figure out solutions to certain diseases.

You don't get anything for being the top folder apart from a big thanks and recognition from other folders, but personaly I think just taking part is worth it.

Just a thought.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You sure that's the same one ATNO ?
I think that's Search For ET, while the one in this thread is about Protien Folding.

I did F@H a few years ago, not somthing I want to get going on my systems now though.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
You sure that's the same one ATNO ?
I think that's Search For ET, while the one in this thread is about Protien Folding.

I did F@H a few years ago, not somthing I want to get going on my systems now though.

*sighs (blaims it on my current internet lag problems). I was doing folding@home (personally) simultaneously to our seti stuff on another computer and simply didn't read this post correctly. Either way, it's not going to work. OK maybe it will who knows. I doubt it though.

I'm like you, I nixed the "folding" program too eventually, because it was just a pain CPU-wise. I have a beter computer now, but I don't think I want to try it again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts