For those that have wanted a lighter theme.

  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2297
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooo


kinda sad it didn't arrive on my birthday tho. But its here!..


I think the main black header is a tad out of place. Needs its own grey/silver footer and header me thinks ;)


also, the dragon image doesn't seem to be a link to the main page anymore
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

think.correctly wrote:
this is much better. the top banner seems alittle out of place and it clashes a bit, but overall the new theme is ftw.

k, when you look at the polls in firefox [both 1.5 and 2.0 beta]
they look like this image is too big to post here
but theyre fine in internet explorer.


The polls will be fixed soon. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
Visually I much prefer SmartDark, though programmatically the new theme rocks.

Will darker versions of the new theme via css be available in the future? I'd be interested in seeing the new theme with SmartDark coloring.

For now I'll stick with the original, but great work BigWeb.


Yes, and that might be available very soon as the only thing I will need to change is the CSS file to create a new dark version of this theme. There are definetely already plans for this.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sam Hughes wrote:
Yay! The button!

And it works!

There are a lot of spacing issues with this new theme, though.


Can you show me a screenshot of the spacing issues? I would like to know specifically what you are referring to. Thanks.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

think.correctly wrote:
remember in smartDark how there were "levels and sub-levels" that represented the forums and sub-forums you were in. i miss those links. they were quite useful and better than pressing "home" every time i wanna get back the the main page with all the sub-forums.


The link is still there, its on the top right now. It will say something like:

Back to General Forum, etc.

Is that what you are referring to?
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1615

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
think.correctly wrote:
remember in smartDark how there were "levels and sub-levels" that represented the forums and sub-forums you were in. i miss those links. they were quite useful and better than pressing "home" every time i wanna get back the the main page with all the sub-forums.


The link is still there, its on the top right now. It will say something like:

Back to General Forum, etc.

Is that what you are referring to?


I think that would be useful/better in the bottom-right also, so when you're done reading the last post it is right there and you don't have to scroll-up to get to it.
  • grinch2171
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6807
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
The link is still there, its on the top right now. It will say something like:

Back to General Forum, etc.

Is that what you are referring to?

What would be nice is once you click the "Back to ... Forum" You should have a "Back to Forum Index" link.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1461
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
Bigwebmaster wrote:
The link is still there, its on the top right now. It will say something like:

Back to General Forum, etc.

Is that what you are referring to?

What would be nice is once you click the "Back to ... Forum" You should have a "Back to Forum Index" link.

no, thats more of what i meant.
see link
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that is what I thought you referred to. If you go here:

http://www.ozzu.com/examples/navscreenshot.jpg

You will see both those links still exist that you circled. I circled where they are on the new theme in the link above.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1461
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was just more convenient in the smartDark theme to access.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2997
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the fire for the hot topic
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy
  • Posts: 1181

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can accept change, but I'm not sure if I like this. Too bright, don't need all the crap on the side, doesn't have the same feel.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2997
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

remember you can change it in your profile..
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1589
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I story I once heard

This guy became the new boss for a factory, and he was shown around.
At the end of the day, the workers complete a form, Progress Sheet.

On the top right of the form was a box, which they would write in '0'

The boss asked the workers what the '0' is for. And they said, they dont know, they have just been told to put 0 in the box

The new boss looked at the form, and he see some text above the box, but from photocopies, it had faded

He looked for the original document, and noticed that above the box, where they put 0, it said "How many Air Raides Today"

This was from the World War, and had never been updated

Moral of the story, Sometimes things have to change, as the time changes
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1215
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

the links need to be fixed. although already visited links are visible,unvisited links look like normal text. While it is not hard to decypher a http://....com, links that are embedded into text are invisible.

for example, if I want to send someone to http://google.com most people can figure it out, but try and find the other link in this sentence.

EDIT: you are also missing a link to the test forum on the side bar, unless that is on purpose
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8Purple wrote:
the links need to be fixed. although already visited links are visible,unvisited links look like normal text. While it is not hard to decypher a http://....com, links that are embedded into text are invisible.

for example, if I want to send someone to http://google.com most people can figure it out, but try and find the other link in this sentence.


Both links are clearly visible to me (underlined and a different color). What browser are you using, and can you provide me a screenshot please.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy
  • Posts: 1181

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
remember you can change it in your profile..

Ahh that's better, it was staring to hurt my eyes.
Thanks
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Posts: 834
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8Purple wrote:
the links need to be fixed. although already visited links are
for example, if I want to send someone to http://google.com most people can figure it out, but try and find the other link in this sentence.

I'd say it's pretty easy. It's underlined and an olive colour.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2997
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

the links where is says
"Your message has been entered successfully.

Click Here to view your message

Click Here to return to the forum"

should be underlined and an olive colour too..
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1589
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Re: CowKiller

I agree
After posting
the HERE is the same color as the text, unless you hover over

With Regards to the PM I sent BigWebmaster RE: Idea
When I mentioned about the Watched Topics, It is Simular to the Watched Topics on the side
Except what I was on about, is it ONLY shows unread posts that you have posted in, or Marked as Watch.
So if you have seen it, then it does not show on the list
So when you are active posting
You can view in there, Ahh someone has replied to X
THis could be an option to turn off Emailing then


What I also think would be a cool idea
A chance for people to Add Favorites for Topics
For example
I am reading through the forums, someone is stuck, and someone else replies. I think thats cool, I might use that soon.
I can add to favs, then later, click on when I need it, I dont have to ask again, I can click on that, and have the solution
(I know I can bookmark it, but I have like 200 bookmarks for things, tutorials, Cool tricks, Research things for other sites ect)

Keep up the good work
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23456
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impel GD wrote:
IH8Purple wrote:
the links need to be fixed. although already visited links are
for example, if I want to send someone to http://google.com most people can figure it out, but try and find the other link in this sentence.

I'd say it's pretty easy. It's underlined and an olive colour.


Easy
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/MAEL/ag/phonetic.htm

It's the letter "I" and I can see it clear as day.

You should try spotting the "period" spam links us mods have been doing lately on smart dark theme.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 540
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

i miss the old darky =\
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1589
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

classified wrote:
i miss the old darky =\

You can still use the Old Darky by going to your profile, and choosing the Dark Theme
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1615

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
the links where is says
"Your message has been entered successfully.

Click Here to view your message

Click Here to return to the forum"

should be underlined and an olive colour too..


Yes, I agree. Another example is BigWebs siggy

'Webmaster Resources
UNFLUX.net - Quality Web Hosting'

where Webmaster Resources and UNFLUX.net appear to be plain text but are actually lnks when you hover over them.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy
  • Posts: 911

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your layout seems to keep breaking at some parts for me on I.E. 6. Fine on FF though.

Image

Image
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I have noticed that on smaller resolutions. Having problems figuring out how to fix that one. It only does it in IE.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1615

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
One thing I'd also suggest, would be to have the forum listing in the right navigation, to mirror the structure of the homepage forum listings. It's quite difficult determining where each forum is.

For example, have
[GENERAL TOPICS]
General Discussion
Announcements and Rules

[Wesbite Design & Development]
Wesbsite Design Forum
...etc...

Right now General Discussion is half-way down the right navigation, it would be so much easier to use the right navigation if it matched the actual forum structrure.


Anyone else agree with this?

ALSO:

  • Under 'Watched Topics' when you click on the name of the Topic, nothing happens. The target is actually the watched_topics.php page.
  • In many parts os the board; Moderators, Super Moderators, etc no longer have distinctive coloring for their usernames. Is this by design?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9089
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
ulstermonkey wrote:
One thing I'd also suggest, would be to have the forum listing in the right navigation, to mirror the structure of the homepage forum listings. It's quite difficult determining where each forum is.

For example, have
[GENERAL TOPICS]
General Discussion
Announcements and Rules

[Wesbite Design & Development]
Wesbsite Design Forum
...etc...

Right now General Discussion is half-way down the right navigation, it would be so much easier to use the right navigation if it matched the actual forum structrure.


Anyone else agree with this?


Yes I do. Soon the forum on the left will match the order that the current menu is.

ulstermonkey wrote:
Under 'Watched Topics' when you click on the name of the Topic, nothing happens. The target is actually the watched_topics.php page.


Fixed.

ulstermonkey wrote:
In many parts os the board; Moderators, Super Moderators, etc no longer have distinctive coloring for their usernames. Is this by design?


Well some parts don't have coloring that is correct. For example on the viewforum page there is a spot which says:

Quote:
Moderators: ATNO/TW, musik, Daemonguy
Users browsing this forum: lucassix


The moderator list is all one color, and the Users browsing this forum actually do have colors applied to them depending if they are moderators or not.

You are welcome to point out specific areas you think are incorrect just in case I have missed something.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1615

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Yes I do. Soon the forum on the left will match the order that the current menu is.


Thanks. I think that will be really useful and much easier to navigate.

Bigwebmaster wrote:
ulstermonkey wrote:
Under 'Watched Topics' when you click on the name of the Topic, nothing happens. The target is actually the watched_topics.php page.


Fixed.


Great! :iconthumbleft:
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1589
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

a couple of things

I went to Watch Topics
and I have posted in the topic "Cats"
No i aint.
Something funny going on there

Also
I know of 2 people who say they have trouble logging in. I believe there both using proxy
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 213 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.