frameworks, mobiles and stuff

• _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wondering out loud...

I'm a bit of a CakePHP and RoR bod myself and there doesn't seem to be much focus on frameworks :( And how about some Android/iPhone forums and stuff? All the latest rubbish :D Or is it staring me in the face and I missed them?

Found this post but nothing seems to have come of it :( Sounds like a bl**dy good plan.

Quote:
I'm considering writing a series of tutorials for doing various things with CakePHP. Would anyone here be interested in these, or should I put my time in somewhere else?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think right now most people either post questions or issues in this forum or the hardware forum when it comes to android and the iPhone, etc.

I am highly debating making a change on Ozzu which separates web development from software development. There seem to be two classifications when it comes to programming, either it is meant for web based applications (PHP, Ruby, ASP.NET, etc) , or its meant for actual software that is run on a computer (C, C++, Java, C#, etc). If I were to do something like that I would probably create a forum in the Software Development category as "Mobile Development". This would also allow me to create some other categories, such as "Game Development" which I am interested in that could go under the Software Development category. Right now that really isn't discussed much here as even in the logo for Ozzu it mentions webmaster's which implies we are focused on web technologies. I am interested in possibly changing that title and opening it up to much more than just a webmaster focus for those interested in those areas.

As far as Hardware, I should probably make some sort of Tablet / Mobile Devices category. Thoughts?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually a Mobile version (app) of OZZU would be an appropriate development project. When I access OZZU on my iPhone I feel like I need 300x magnification trifocals to read posts and reply to them. Compared to a facebook mobile app as an example ozzu is in the weeds.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder if there are any good generic phpBB apps?
  • _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

phpbb-mobile DOT com/

At work we use javascript to read the size of the browser window and dynamically swop CSS files.

X-browser issues are being replaced by X-device issues. I have just finished a website that delivers podcasts, ebooks and PDF documents to all devices but we were/are stumped on how to deliver secure content to devices that don't use a web browser and cannot be authenticated. They raise a squillion questions.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just went to that phpbb-mobile site with my iPhone to see what it would look like, and I get a phpbb error about a template not found. Their forum's link did work though, so I got to see it.

I do want to create a mobile version of Ozzu which is simplified and allows people to read and post. That is on the todo list. That link above looks like a perfect place to start. It may take a bit of work to integrate because Ozzu is so customized, so we will see :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts