Front page crashes Firefox

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032712 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.8

I noticed the new "ozzu_computer.gif" icon on the front page, since the text dropped down below the icon in Opera I checked in Firefox to see if that's how it's supposed to be.

When I visit http://www.ozzu.com/ with the Firefox that user-agent is for, Firefox actually crashes once the page has loaded. I went through Google and started at the webtemplates, then went to the forums.html index with no problems, but once I went to the home page again Firefox crashed. I've been able to count on it crashing every time I open the home page.

While I'm here, this is a screenshot of the new icon in,
Opera/9.64 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.1.1
Attachments:
ss.png
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not crashing on Windows. And the word "ARE" is the same size as the rest of the text, unlike yours.

Firefox 3.0.8
Attachments:
ff.jpg

FF 3.0.8

Opera 9.63
Attachments:
opera.jpg

Opera 9.63

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try a hard refresh Joebert, according to your screenshot you loaded some CSS before I finalized some changes with it. Maybe the updated CSS will treat your browser better. Please advise.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Opera's fixed now.

If I add "127.0.0.1 edge.quantserve.com" to my /etc/hosts file Firefox doesn't crash. It's odd that it would crash the home page, but not "/forums.html" or "/webtemplates/". :scratchhead:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm so the problem is related to Quantcast, which we do use to measure traffic:

http://www.quantcast.com/ozzu.com

That is odd why it would crash the homepage and not the other pages. Everything works fine for me with FF and all the other browsers.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have one word. - Linux *lol

// https://bugs.launchpad.net/samba/+bug/282287
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's no biggie, I almost never use Firefox anyway. The stuff I use works fine. :)

The only reason I thought to look at that Quantcast code was that I'd saw it earlier and checked it out because I didn't remember seeing it in the source before. There's some pretty cool statistics available. :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

One suggestion... maybe put some of the statistics from quantcast to your board statistics?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure I'm fond of quantcast at the moment. Slows OZZU down at least on FF. Everytime I turn around OZZU is waiting to load either quantcast or google adsense.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never notice that and I'm sure I have a much worse computer then you do... I don't know why though. All of these issues that are related to Firefox I read today are alien to me :) Not trying to be inconsiderate though
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suppose it could be something to do with me having close to 2 dozen tabs open at any given time.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I suppose it could be something to do with me having close to 2 dozen tabs open at any given time.

Holy mackerel... I only have 2-4 tabs open at any given time...

I guess I don't need a lot of information to program a project.

I have Ozzu Open, my project, and php.net for code referencing... sometimes a tutorial on something or some SQL reference page, but that's about it... the most tabs I ever had was 8 :shock:

Oh well, I don't need so much information at one time, but that's probably because you have a much higher profession (is that the word?) than I do :lol:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the sidebar hadn't changed recently prompting me to refactor some of my user.js/user.css, I probably never would have noticed the Quantcast code. Other than that strange crash in Firefox on Linux, I haven't noticed any speed/stability changes here.

Though,

I don't have too many tabs open at one time. I rarely do anything with a tab as soon as I open it, I generally open a few new tabs in the background at a time, then by the time I get to any of them I would have missed any slowdowns I guess.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts