Gadget/Phone Forum? Or best spot to put stuff?

• dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tend to lean towards the cool gadgets and the latest phones, where is the best place to put this? Or would a new board work better? I see hardware, but that seems to be filled with just computer issues.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think topics like this could be added to a new forum which deals not only with phone technology but also the software side of things such as apps. It's become such a big market and there are loads of people out there wanting to get involved, if we can have some sort of contribution on this subject i am sure there is bound to be alot of new members coming across Ozzu as a result.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My input on the subject is going to be somewhat biased because most of my sites target mobile devices. :)

Here's what I'm thinking.
A new top level category called "Mobile"
Under that category multiple new forums, "Mobile Devices", "Mobile Application Development", "Mobile Websites".

Within Ozzus existing categories, setup new sub-categories that are links to the new categories. For instance,

[in] - [title] - [destination]
[Website Design] - [Mobile Website Design] - [Mobile Websites]
[Programming / Scripting / Coding] - [Mobile Application Programming] - [Mobile Application Development]
[Microsoft Windows] - [Windows Mobile] - [Mobile Devices]
[Macintosh] - [iPhone / iPad / iPod] - [Mobile Devices]
[Hardware] - [Mobile Devices] - [Mobile Devices]

It's been awhile since I've looked over Ozzu to see what sort of mobile "seed threads" there would be for mobile themed forums though.

How could this list be refined ?
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was thinking about this some, would you group the google apps, and the google os coming, and the android os under the google forum?

Its the internet marketing.. I don't think it would apply.

But then if you want to see something google, would you want a google heading with gapps, hardware(nex1) and such under it? Don't know..

OS & Hardware it seems to me it would be set up correct now, adding an android, webos, etc forum to those seems like it would clutter it.

I think keeping everything mobile device related to the one heading would make the most sense.

On a side note, is there anyway to enable an aggregate of all the forum posts under a header? Like if you click graphics, you would see all posts from the 3 forums together? Posting a new topic would be disabled of course.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts