Games Thread

• TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I was wondering, any chance we can get a games thread? Just a place where we can discuss games, online and offline. It seems as if games are becoming an increasingly important part of the Internet and therefore I believe it should be available for discussion at Ozzu.

Regards,
Phil
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe if it was about making the games
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am not thinking taht type of gaming forum. i mean one that you can talk about your own game design and programing
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then why not in Programming/Coding forum? It will be well suited there.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
maybe if it was about making the games

I agree with cowkiller. One has to take into consideration that the field of being a webmaster is changing and evolving. Being a webmaster of a game website (especially MMORPG-type games) is an interesting field offering different challenges that traditional webmaster forums simply cannot accommodate. I think a new forum focusing on "webmastering" in a game context would be a great benefit to the Ozzu community as a pioneer in the webmaster industry.

pramitroy wrote:
Then why not in Programming/Coding forum? It will be well suited there.

Perhaps the programming aspects of game development would be suited here - it is after all just a bunch of ones and zeros. However, game development includes a lot of different factors excluding programming. Talking about game promotion and re-inventing the industry (keep in mind this applies to online gaming, hence, being a webmaster of a game/game website) wouldn't be suited anywhere else except in its own forum.

I believe a game forum would be a great addition to Ozzu, especially because of the increasing trend of dedicated Ozzu members getting involved in this new and fascinating field of MMORPGs and other online games.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that Ozzu should try to be all things to all people, and I don't think there's enough overlap between the two industries to warrant the creation of such a forum here. The field of game design and development is vast and varied enough that those interested in it would be better served by dedicated forums like GameDev.net and Gamedev.org, among others.

No offence intended to anyone, I just don't want to see Ozzu's purpose diluted, rendering it less effective.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts