Get some games to use with the point system

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it is soooo imposible than how did I do it? No, I don't hack or whatever.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have made a killing off these games. :D

ALSO, still no real point of having the points. I mean sure it's cool if you play games and all, but I mean really what is the point of having 3k points? I still think we should have account upgrades, like change our title or the color of our name and title. One thing I have always wanted was to be able to change your default color when you post.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yes I just wanted to let you know, that you stated you played the games one or two times, if you take a look at the highscores, it seems that all's that you are doing IS playing the games.
http://www.ozzu.com/ina_scores.php?mode ... e=hexxagon

^^^for instance
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I points on the board are too inflated, just like money. I should make it harder to get points and increase the costs to play a game, that way they are actually worth something, because without points you cannot play games for one. What do you guys think?
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's only one game. I just like that game.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I think I points on the board are too inflated, just like money. I should make it harder to get points and increase the costs to play a game, that way they are actually worth something, because without points you cannot play games for one. What do you guys think?

BOO!!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

:rofl:
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw..

http://www.ozzu.com/ina_scores.php?mode ... name=snake

Neither of you can say I play alot.. :lol:
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am all for it. But you should get something at the end of each day/week for having a top score.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
I am all for it. But you should get something at the end of each day/week for having a top score.

YEAHHH BUDDY!
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol 50 points for tha game???
Common man u know I dont got the money for that...
Look at my clothes!!!!
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I think we should lower the play cost and take away the amont of points you can win.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm... Nah I like it the way it is.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't play the games (although, I've always liked Tetris)...but here it is for what it's worth.

It's fun sure...but what do any of those games have to do with a webmaster site except, perhaps, generate traffic. And my first question would be...how does the bandwidth allocation hold up to it? ... OK if the Host gives you unlimited...or that's your service plan.

I'm the one that suggested the chat option and after reading Unflux's thoughts, I completely understood how it detracts from the "permanent" posts that really help people.

So how are games and points and lotto or chat for that matter, helping web designers? I could justify them on my sports board...'cause that's what it's sorta all about...but I keep wondering what's the point at a tech forum?

OK --Sure--it's fun -- all of it -- but is it the point of this place?

Maybe I'm just too old?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah you're too old ;)

Actually I think the games help with webmasters block! But really they have nothing to do with webmasterism. The may help the forum by allowing users to preoccupy themselves whilst waiting for a reply :-P
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seriously, 50 points for 1 game? So, someone has to post 50x to just so he can play 1 game that he will most likey screw up with.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

why should you care? you could easily play 50 games. Thats like saying someone has to work for an hour just to play a round of poker. The games shouldn't be the focal point of the forum, but rather posting constructive replies/posts should be.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I know that "I" can easy play almost as much as I wanted but I am talking about the "newer" people who come to this forum. All I am saying is that 50 post is quite alot. They would only get to play 1 game between 50 post and they would probably screw up that one game that they get. All I am saying is it's is a little steep for the new people at the forum. I just think that people might not see it worth it and not play the games. Really the only people that wouldn't mind losing 50 points is "us" that have a crap load to blow off..
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its not really 50 pts for 50 posts. If you start a new topic you get 2 pts ;)

Anyway I might change it, not sure yet.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heart wrote:
Well, I know that "I" can easy play almost as much as I wanted but I am talking about the "newer" people who come to this forum. All I am saying is that 50 post is quite alot. They would only get to play 1 game between 50 post and they would probably screw up that one game that they get. All I am saying is it's is a little steep for the new people at the forum. I just think that people might not see it worth it and not play the games. Really the only people that wouldn't mind losing 50 points is "us" that have a crap load to blow off..

The new people should be seeking guidance and helping others, not playing games. But I understand what you are saying :-)
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I am just looking at it as that we need more frequent posters that are loyal to the forum. We get alot of people that post 1 or 2 times and forget about the forum. Also, we most sertainly don't want people to spam crap loads of post just to get points.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I highly doubt people will be comming here just for the game aspect, there are A LOT better places to play games, therefor they should have no reason to spam (plus if we were to see 50+ spam messages we'd know something was going on)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with b_heyer. but i wouldn't mind seeing a change in the points.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes i would agree, i have been on this forum everyday, and post as often as i can, but i can only play 1 game at a time ;)
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL! I am trying to get 2 more posts.. (Now 1) to play another game!!

WEEEEEEEE!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 55 posts