Hide other reviews in site review

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think it would be a good idea to hide the reviews of other people from everyone except the review starter untill they have posted an unbiased review ? I did a few quick searchs for a thread on this not finding one.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interested in writing the php code for it? Even if you do, why do it? In spite of the fact that some nOObs try to jump the gun and give crappy reviews, the comments often give people food for thought. I would be opposed to this.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'm not sure I like this idea either...

If somebody makes a suggestion as to a change for the site, but doesn't know how to do it, and the original requester doesn't know how to do it, if the reviews are public to all, then somebody else can jump in and offer a helping hand...

If they don't want posts going public, there's always the PM function :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not talking about making them hidden permently, say if i go to a site review don't show me what other people have to say about it untill i have posted my own review of it. This would assure people aren't just reading what everyone else has to say and saying it in a different way.

As for coding it, i don't know enough about PHP, but i bet the hidden polls could be modified to work somehow.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand your post Joebert. Overall it seems like a good idea, but that would be a bugger to accomplish. Besides....I go back to my original post --
Quote:
In spite of the fact that some nOObs try to jump the gun and give crappy reviews, the comments often give people food for thought.

And I'll be the first to admit to nixing or locking posts not complying to the current rules.

The problem comes down to the fact that some newbs don't take the time to read or understand what is going on here. That's where the mods come into play.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts