HJT Logfiles

• Geekgirl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all Image

I'm a newbie on this forum and only been a member for 2 days.
I don't see many HJT logfiles in the threads. The ones I do see, the people are not giving very clear instructions on what to remove, and how to remove it.
HJT is a very powerful tool and only trained technicians should be giving instructions.
MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY

Who is responsible for giving a "fix" and who is not allowed?
Do you have any restrictions on this?

I also think HJT should have it's own Forum, this way when they know they are going to post a HJT logfile it can go directly into this forum.

This is just a suggestion from someone looking in from the outside, I can see problems that need to be addressed.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad to have you here Geekgirl. As you noticed, we don't get that many and have only been getting them recently. As far as who is working on them, JrzyCrim has been doing a bulk of the work, but anyone that knows what there doing is welcome. So far the advice I've seen hasn't been too bad. I can hold my own with them, but sometimes I get nervous about suggesting a fix I've never tried before.

If you are experienced with them feel more than welcome to lend a hand. At the moment, we don't get enough of them to really warrant making a new forum for it. Maybe later -- we'll see how it goes. If you have tips or resources that you use, feel free to post them here:
http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/highjackthis-and-spyware-removal-resources-and-tips-t31034.html
  • Geekgirl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thx ATNO/TW,
I may take you up on that offer to giving the fixes. As long as no one objects. I feel HJT is a very useful tool. 98% of my repairs are pc's that are hijacked.

The tools very useful to me are
SpyBot
Adaware
LSPFix
CWShredder
Housecall
Also
HiJackThis

In JrzyCrim's reply in this post
http://www.ozzu.com/sutra123821.html
he asked
Quote:
I wonder why you shouldn't run hijack this from the desktop? I understand the last two but not the first.

I believe the answer is your backup files my get scattered all over the desktop.

Thanks again
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, thanks. :) I've since figured that out.
  • Geekgirl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

:( Probably the hard way ....so sorry
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No need to be sorry. I just wasn't considering the mess that you could end up with running hijack this on your desktop. You were quite right to answer this question. Actually, I've never had to fix my own system with hijack-This. and I do keep my own copy in a separate folder. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts