• cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Here's a basic tute on loading random quotes from a text file from kirupa
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/ ... quotes.htm

Here's a prewritten script

http://dscripts.awardspace.com/scripts. ... ndom_quote

Problem is, only way I've ever seen text pulled from a text file is inside a dynamic text box, so I'm not sure how you would incorporate the transitioning.

how did you become a super moderator, can i become one somehow
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't answer that in this post. It would be considered thread hijacking and that just wouldn't be right *smiles.
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the replay, is there a forum i can ask this kind of question. I am sorry I like to help people so bad that i think it would be nice to apply for this privilleges that I figure it so amazing to have such a privilleges. and its worth a try
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's no need to ask or post. At a point in time when Bigwebmaster was searching for mods when the forum was young he made this post
http://www.ozzu.com/suggestions-comments/need-moderators-t1789.html

Read it and follow that and you'll know what he looks for.

He is not currently seeking new moderators (to the best of my knowledge). New moderators for the last several years have been determined by recommendations of the current mod staff, primarily based on the guidelines of that post and additional criteria that has evolved through the years, and evaluated by discussion. However, the final choice is and always has been by Bigwebmaster. He chooses them when he's ready and he has made the best choices of any forum owner that i have ever been happy to be associated with.

The key thing to remember is that it is not whether you are a moderator or not at OZZU. It's a fact that you are a good contributing member that makes OZZU what it is. There are currently 13 pages of a post in the moderator board where candidates are recommended. Bottom line, not everyone can be a moderator at OZZU, however, everyone can enjoy and contribute and continue to benefit OZZU no matter who they are, how long they've been here, how many posts they've made.

And believe me, we do appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in being here with us and suspect you'll continue for a very long time as many of us have.

OK there. I've officially hijacked this thread lol.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
OK there. I've officially hijacked this thread lol.

hijacking threads ftw ^_^

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts