JavaScripted Main Menu

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes, I browse the web with JavaScript off, and since The Main Menu is a JavaScript solution, I can't really log in, unless I add "/ucp.php" at the end of "http://www.ozzu.com"

Not a big deal for me, but it could be for someone else. Maybe provide an alternative log-in feature? Maybe provide that alternative when the user's javascript is off, which would require some sort of "is the JavaScript on?" type of script.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do agree that there should be an alternative log in feature somewhere on the page that doesn't require access through the main menu for the reasons you stated.

Having one placed on the right menu bar near "Favorite Links" perhaps?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I plan on fixing that menu for people without javascript in the future. My thoughts are either using a CSS based menu when Javascript is disabled, or simply make it so when you click on the main menu it just takes you to a page with all those links.

On the majority of pages there is at least one additional login link. Just not the main pages of ozzu. For instance if you were to view this topic not logged in you would see a login link right below the last post on the thread.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

almost scary to admit that the only time I need the login link is when Bigweb changes something to mess up the session cookie.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
simply make it so when you click on the main menu it just takes you to a page with all those links.

That sounds like the thing to do to me.
It's already setup so that all you'ld have to do is add the page and change the href of the existing link. Though, I'm probably making "add the page" sound a lot less time consuming than it is. lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts