Joomla template ready for Mobility

• WizardOz
  • Born
  • Born
  • WizardOz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to design a Joomla webpage that displays in a friendly way in smartphones, esp iPhone.
Anybody knows where to search for such templates in Ozzu? TQ.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

There should be mobile plugins that allow such ability's when a mobile device hits the server. Most ability's can be found via official mods and at Ozzu we are the ones to fix the issues. So you would need a few things before you go into the land of web development.

I would suggest you get some cheap real hosting, i suggest hobohost.com as starting accounts are $1 perfect for development in real enviroment.

Then u need a domain which you are going to need to point the server's name servers from the registry like crazydomains or godaddy to have a domain redirection. Less then $10 a year $7 from crazy D's.

Now that you have the server basic's down time to learn about Joomla, now if your now willing to study a little then no point starting so i would suggest a Joomla Guide, many small books can be found in PDF format. This is to bypass asking of silly questions like where do i find admin panel and how to install the script let alone manually installing mods.

Read over the joomla forum for about a week or so then start working on your site so you have a basic understanding of what your looking at.

So once you get to this point is where you can start asking questions on the issues that you run into but remember you can find the answer to most questions up to this point via simple google searches within 30 seconds.

If your really having trouble then by all means post up, lets us have a crack at the issue.
  • WizardOz
  • Born
  • Born
  • WizardOz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Zealous, oops, i forgot to add that I already got a website going at www_mycoalkonics_com.
Though i am not familiar with Joomla, i understand what content management system is. Anyway, I am ready to learn about what Ozzu can help me in choosing the right path in moving to Mobile friendly websites.
Thanks a bundle for your thoughtfulness.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

All of our Responsive Website Templates come with multiple layout options that automatically display for whate device is loading your website. Unfortunately these are just standard website templates which means you would still have to convert them to work with Joomla. As far as our Joomla Templates, most of these are probably developed with one layout which means you would have to create additional layouts for other devices. Alternatively you could also find some sort of Joomla plugin that lets you switch between designs and then use one of our Mobile Templates for that, but it would still have to be integrated to work with Joomla correctly. So none of these are perfect solutions, but hopefully that helps a bit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts