Just an Idea

• Fargo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: From Washington DC. , Currently In Sofia Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Is there a way that we can flag the topics and Questions that has been solved. :?: So we can focus on the problems has not been solved.

Cheers
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

would be a big job for mods.... or users depending on who would flag the posts.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

At the moment the board software provides no means of doing it.

The problem that I foresee with this idea, besides what Nucleo pointed out is that OZZU has members who months after a post was solved that find it on Google and reactivate the topic because either the solution didn't solve their problems.

If someone was to do this and the post came up flagged as solved, then I have a concern that the new poster's question would get over looked.

I don't see this as being too practical for us at this time.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with atno
open ended topics are good for discussing different solutions to problems.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For example the ntoskrnl post in the Windows board is ongoing even though it has been resolved for a couple people. That's a tricky one for sure and I haven't even figured out how to solve my flavor of it. But even as late as today I saw another post with another person that has a variation oon the ntoskrnl missing issue. Even though it's an old post, I still think about anwers that work..

I'm not opposed to the idea. It deserves some consideration, but if a mod was written to accomplish it, it would still fall to the responsibility of the topic poster to flag the post as resolved, but yet when a new poster reopens it, there would have to be a way to turn off that flag.

It couldn't just be a function that does it automatically, because in many instances the people that help and others often add afterthoughts and additional comments.

The function would have to display a message similar to "This topic has been marked as resolved. Would you like to reopen it to solve your problem or leave it marked as resolved?"

Still there are too many "ifs" and variations to this that it would be tedious to program, and I still have concerns as to how it will affect a noobs desire to reopen it.

I think it's possible, but I know the mods don't have the time or interest in monitoring something like this manually.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
topic title with a question

goes to
Quote:
[solved] topic title with a question

topic stays open for comments, but the original poster feels that the original query was solved, and mared it as such.

Yeah, or you could write a whole php mod for it I guess. it still comes down to the original poster to set a flag, so whats the real difference, apart from complication?
  • Fargo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: From Washington DC. , Currently In Sofia Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Thanks for the responces. I see your points. What about this way; For example i send a question to froums and i got 5 answers. Later on i came back and check the answer who helped me solved my problem becomes highlighted. So Others will know that answers was usefull. The subject will still be open and more alternative answers could be added.

Cheers

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts