Last poster

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Smartdesk (dark version of OZZU) has the feature that states "Last Poster". Why doesn't the light one has the same feature?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't know for sure but I'll take a guess that Bigweb didn't feel it necessary. Besides, if you view each individual forum you can see the last poster of any particular thread and can easily go to it by clicking this little icon next to the post Image
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use the last poster feature on home on dark theme. I like the light theme because it's easy on the eyes, but I might go back to the dark theme because it has the last poster feature, but I might get eye problems from that theme. Please add the last poster feature on this light theme. I'd appreciate it greatly.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigweb will be sure to add it just for you.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol @ grinch

Hey Bogey, maybe it would help if you explained why you like that feature. Personally I find it useless and never used it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like to know if anybody answered to a post that I was the last poster. For example...

I posted on a topic.

I want to know if anybody else posted without clicking on the forum (or posted in that forum at all).

I like that feature. I'd love it to come to the light theme as well.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You do know you can subscribe to topics and when someone replies to it you will get an e-mail alert.

All you have to do is click the "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom of each thread.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've started to use the feature more recently only because it is there. In a way it is a good feature, but not important.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
You do know you can subscribe to topics and when someone replies to it you will get an e-mail alert.

All you have to do is click the "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom of each thread.

I know about that, but I'd like the "Last Poster" more.

Does the "Watch this topic for replies" feature send you an e-mail or PM? I put that on some topics and it didn't send me anything (on PM) when they were replied.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Watching post for replies sends you an email every time there has been a reply from the last time you view the post.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it gets kind of tidy going to the e-mail to check if you get replies. I'd really love the return of "Last Poster" feature. I really really.... want it.

I guess if you don't understand my point of view on it, I'll try to understand it from your point of view.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it is a case of nobody not understanding your point of view. I'm pretty sure we all know where you are coming from, however i think the general consensus is that there most likely isn't enough people here showing the same sort of interest to make it worth Bigwebmasters while creating more code for a feature that a number of users won't use.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the only alternative I see is to go back to the black scheme/theme. Gotta buy glasses :)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or just suck it up.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll back you up Bogey, the loss of the "last poster" feature was the one thing I hated the most about the new Ozzu. It was very useful and time saving.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it was Zwirko. Glad we're on the same team :) I guess we shouldn't trouble Bigweb about this little feature that helped us out a lot by saving time. And time is precious for me. I guess I'll suck it up on the smartdesk (dark version of OZZU).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts