Leader of the month

• BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will be really nice to choose the best member of the month.

EX, while the moderators moderate the Forums, they can see which member has provided useful posts that had helped others, also the amount of participation that the member post daily as well.

and for that u can give something like 10 or 20 ..etc points. or free hosting for one month..etc

that will encourage the members to post more useful post and increase there participation.

I hope it makes sense.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a pretty good idea BlueHat. I would love to say let's do it, but I'm not sure how practical it would be. First of all -- all of us mods have other tasks/jobs that keep us preoccupied most of the time. We moderate this board 24x7 because we have the advantage of us being in different time zones, but we can't watch everything as individuals that goes on here all the time. What I see during my time zone may be completely different than what musik sees since she lives half the world away from me and sees different posts than I do.

In addition, we mods already know our strengths and weaknesses. I'll use me as an example. I seldom look in and almost never post in the Unix/Linux boards or the search engine boards, because I simply don't know enough there to be helpful. I also used to be a more active participant in the programming board, but most of the posts that are there now are different from my focus.

The point is, I don't know that even if all the mods came together and had a vote, that we could give a fair assessment.

In my past life I have worked for several companies -- a couple very large corporations that tried to institute employee of the month type programs, and have seen most of them fall by the wayside because the management just didn't have the time to make it a priority.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that even though I think it's a great idea, I don't think it would work.

I'll let the others offer there thoughts in kind, but I suspect you'll see similar opinions.

Cheers for a good suggestion!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts