Mac Section?

• mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,
Well we got a windows and linux section, why not a mac section? Just a sugestion.

-DiP :wink:
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't personally have a Mac, but I agree! I've never really had the chance to use a mac extensively, so the mac section would at least give me the chance to see what kinds of problems Mac users encounter...;)
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I have a imac sitting right next to me... I hate it. Maybe the G5 i think or is it g4? Maybe that one is nice. I don't know, So far with my whole life being around macs, I hate them to death. The only thing i use them for is if my pc is broke.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

it'd still be nice, I got to use a mac for some extremely high resolution image editing (2900 DPI) and it worked great... I know my PC wouldn't work to well with such a high resolution...
  • mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you use OSX on it? If not then i doubt you would love it. OSX isnt anything like its sister OS's, this is done better than windows (and so much more stable and faster) i have a powerbook but use it more than i do my 2ghz windows. :lol:
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris
  • Loc: Erie, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, us Mac users gota represent too. I have a G3 thats 3 yrs old now so im actually coming across some issues with it. If we got a mac section then all the faithful macintosh followers will have a place to go for some help. :wink:
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

mdipi wrote:
do you use OSX on it? If not then i doubt you would love it. OSX isnt anything like its sister OS's,

Agreed, i like the older OS's much more OSX is like a different world. I Love my OS9 :) . If your accustom to change though conforming to OSX will be just like going from Win2000 to WinXP *IMHO*
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My imac next to me as OSX
  • mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Panther has much of the stuff you will find in 9, very nice. :lol:
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

i want a G5 with Panther on it 4 X-mass :D
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

PluTunium wrote:
Well I have a imac sitting right next to me... I hate it. Maybe the G5 i think or is it g4?

Yeah the imac series didnt do Apple any favors IMHO. :| They were not built the best hardware wise so i neva expected any wonders from them as far as software performance. best to stick with the G4-5 series. I have a G3 next to the PC i built and i still love it (although it Is getting a tad behind on tech :wink: ).
  • mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah well what can you do. The iMacs did wonders for the Apple company. They were going to file for bankrupcy before that hit the shelves, it litterally saved apple as we know it. I love the new 20 inch iMac. I have used mulitple G5's and lets just say this, Photoshop loads as soon as you click it, almost instant.

-Mike
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah thats true :roll: . I love Macintosh, as you said Mdipi
Quote:
I have used mulitple G5's and lets just say this, Photoshop loads as soon as you click it, almost instant.
but the imac series still reminds me of Nike shoes; decent shoes, cheap make; coincidentally Nike also rakes in quite a bite of dough. Still i prefer the power of the G series, especially the G5 8)
  • mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dragoris wrote:
yeah thats true :roll: . I love Macintosh, as you said Mdipi but the imac series still reminds me of Nike shoes; decent shoes, cheap make; coincidentally Nike also rakes in quite a bite of dough. Still i prefer the power of the G series, especially the G5 8)

Yeah i hear you, unforuntaly Apple isnt raking in the dough. Well the iPod the iMac and iTMS is helping them, i would like to see a comeback, knock on wood.
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Do see a come back coming but i belive its gona be a slow moving one IMHO.
I guess we all just have to bide our time, but i wouldnt go buying up Apples' stock just yet :roll:
  • mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Slow but its still coming. I would wait to buy too :/

happy new year!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts