Mark all forums read, since when ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I view unread posts, I tend to open that page, then open the threads I want to read in their own tabs, then close thoose new tabs when I'm done with thoose threads.

Once I've gone through the unread posts list, I click the Mark All Forums Read link.

When does the marking begin ?
Does it use a timestamp from the calling page ?
Does it go from whenever the request to mark them is recieved ?

I'm just wondering that if I've left that page open for say, an hour, then come back & click that mark all posts link, could I be missing some unread topics that have been posted within that hour ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes you could possibly miss posts that were made in the last hour. It would be as if you went ozzu with only a handful of unread posts, and then waited one week without reloading the page or visiting any other pages, and then out of the blue you click on the "mark all posts read" link. It will basically start you with everything read, regardless of how much was posted that last week that you would end up missing.

So the Marking begins at the time you click it, any timestamps older will be marked as read.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do almost the same as Joe but inside every forum, I view the new posts, open the threads I want in new tabs, scroll down to the end of the page and click the Mark All Threads Read in that forum. I wonder if we can have the same 'Mark All Threads' link on the top the page too?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts