Marketplace?

• Mr_Bill
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looked through the different sections and didn't see one. This was probably asked before but how come there isn't one on this forum? or did I miss it?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a marketplace for members who subscribe to be Bronze, Silver or Gold.
  • Mr_Bill
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your serious and not pulling my leg where do I find out more about this I didnt see it in the faqs and not able to see any links to these options.

*Edit

Never mind found it in the control panel :) went for the bronze

Doest this manually need to be approved? AS its been about an hour and no change in status
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't say for sure how it works. I always thought it was supposed to be instant though, perhaps not.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is normally instant, but since your Paypal account didn't have a verified address or account I had to manually approve it in Paypal by hitting the accept button. It has been approved and your membership is active now.
  • Mr_Bill
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. All though is it a verified account there might have been a bug in the system.

Bummer the bst area is empty 5 posts thought it would be active given a fee was required to get to it. Wont be of much use guess it was a free $15 for the owner of the site as I have no way to recoup that money in a dead area of the forum
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just checked and you either didn't have a "Confirmed Address" (that is different than a verified account) or
you sent money in a different currency other than USD. We have both those options in our preferences to ask us for approval first. If you do have a confirmed address and you did send from USD currency then I am not sure what prompted us to have to accept it first.

With regards to what a confirmed address is and how they do it:

Quote:
An address is confirmed if the buyer’s credit card billing address matches his or her shipping address. In some instances, PayPal can also confirm an address by examining the buyer’s PayPal account history

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... ss-outside

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts