• Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recieved the following spam PM from medyz:

Quote:
Miss. KENZO MARIAN
Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire
West Africa.

Hello Dear,
Please excuse me for all the inconveniences my mail could cause you. Please even if we never knew before, I believe firmly that on the basis of the right of humanitarian assistance that a real confidence and love can arise from our communication and also a real partnership between us.

I am Miss. KENZO MARIAN , the legitimate daughter of the Director of cocoa export here murdered by the rebelles here because of the political crisis going on here since four years ago.

My father had deposited a consignment with a security company here containing the sum of 10.700,000m USD (Ten million seven hundred thousand dollars USD) To allow him to conceive a project of investment at the end of his mandate here.

Regrettably the fate decided on it otherwise.

Today my major concern is to move out this sum outside here. Given that I am the only child and I have seriously suffered from the raggings and the harassments on behalf of the political opponents of my Father.

It is in this prospect that I contact you to please help me to move this heritage from the security company to your country.

Because of the political war and the hostilities in this country I seriously wish to leave from here and live the rest of my life in a more peaceful and politically more stable and quiet country. It is what justifies this demand.

I shall voluntarily agree on a good and appropriate percentage of this money as your compensation for your assistant as for what precedes.

I would like to count on your human, virtuous and professional qualities.
I look forward to receive your urgent responds.Email: [removed email address]
Thanks for your care.

Yours sincerely
Miss.MARIAN
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for letting me know. I banned this member and removed all of their PMs.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

do to the overwhelming amount of content on ozzu it is hard to keep spammers out..

Big is there anyway to make pms as spam like you can with the posts? maybe that would be a nice little ad on..
  • Jodiac
  • Jodiac
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always receive lots of SPAMs in my e-mail accounts. Don't really know how to stop them!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should have contacted that person, given your bank details, got the money, and given some wrong address ... Mwhahaha! You couldn't have lost ... Haha joke ... I have only once received spam at ozzu, I have no problems with that ... but it seems that quite a few people are having problems with spam, take this for example ... The other day I PM'd "bozebo" and these were the first words in the reply:
bozebo wrote:
wow! a pm that isn't spam.

So I think maybe something should be done about that, but I'm not sure how that would be achieved though ...
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO, if you're drinking anything right now, finish that before you read on. ;)

Act like me.

Spammers know better than to waste their time sending me messages, I can count all the spam PM I've recieved since I joined on two, maybe even one, hand. :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't get a single one

(By the way, that is not the signal to start sending me spam PMs :))
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't ever get spam, even in my email, oh the glory..
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're lucky.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really it's pretty easy to avoid spam. Get an email account for all your friends, family and personal stuff, never post it anywhere on the internet, never use it to fill out web forms of any kind, never give it out on newsgroups and IM programs, and when you give it to friends and family ask them never to include you in group emails. That will keep you pretty much spam free. I have one mail account that I use specifically that way and it gets zero spam.

Then make another email for all your web forms, memberships and registrations. That one will become your spam box, the other will remain relatively spam free.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use my Hotmail and Yahoo address mostly for website forums such as Ozzu although my personal email for my site is actually being used for Ozzu and BR. That is the only place i would be putting out my email address, other than that i've been pretty careful with this one. I don't care so much for the Hotmail or Yahoo addresses.

I reckon i'll create a new email address for my site when i change hosting companies in July.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts