Minimum Posts for Job Section?

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all

maybe BWM could add a minimum posts for the job section of the forum. say 200+? at the moment, a single job gets 5-6 people with next to no posts offering their portfolio and general information like
Quote:
if you like my work contact me!

how about a minimum posts or make sure that no 1 can reply in that forum, except mods. All discussion of the job is supposed to be sent through pm, so why give them the option to spam their details?

just a suggestion

thanks all
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i would agree. There are two forums i rarely go into, The website reviews and jop opportunities forums because they seem to be mostly spam and pointless posts.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a while there I tried to stay on top of things in the Website Reviews forum, by reporting spam - posters ignoring the rules there etc. I also posted several in-depth reviews for posters whom I thought were genuine, and in return I did get thanks for the effort I put in, but other posters did not follow my lead too well.

It is easy to overlook the forum in general, for the past year or so the vast majority of sites listed for 'Review' have been Directories or the like - offering for a limited tie to Ozzu reviewers free listing as the directory will one day have PR5 or higher :roll: 'guaranteed'. Link exchangers, free scripts, webmaster tips they all blur into one another after a while - especially when 90% of them have a gray, or blue, or blue/gray theme.

I'm one of those posters who genuinely wanted feedback - good or bad when I posted in there initially. My feedback was fantastic, I improved my site so much - although to be fair it was pretty poor and lacking in content at the time. BUT as a :n00b: to webmastering and website design I was culeless and some of the feedback I received was invaluable.

Don't let these a-holes stop you from visiting the 'Website Review' forum. It's quite gratifying too when someone makes changes you suggested and others like the difference. I'll give your head a rest from soe of Joeberts craziness in the GD forum. :lol:

Go on make someone's day...

//ps if you wait a little while I might revive my old thread - hasn't been active since February I think, but my site has (and is) undergone some changes since then ;)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, the reviews forum is/has been invaluable to many of our members. Personally I wish I had more time to spend there, but as it turns out, sometimes people don't like my feedback. I tend to be blunt, truthful and to the point. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Some folks just can't grasp honesty *lol
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

And Nucleo, your suggestion is being discussed. Just didn't want you to think it was ignored
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

double posting mods.... *tut.... will they ever learn
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

jobs forum wrote:
A place established members can post job opportunies for other members

How many posts make a menber "established"?
Many make only one.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to clerify this, I think Nucleo is talking about word count and not number of post someone has made. A post count wouldnt make sence because some people just come here to post there job, and some people just come to look for them.

I think having minimum word count would be a good idea or make it so only mods can reply like Nucleo said. Most people that are looking for someone tell them to either email them or send them a PM.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just pointing something out that doesn't make sense. Didn't want to start a new topic over it.

(I didn't know what Nucleo was talking about. :) )

EDIT//

I think you need a little clarification Spoof.
He specifically mentions "post count" and "people which next to no posts".

There seems to be no word count issue here.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

changed which to with*

my bad, typo :P

I mean, people with next to no posts, 5-20 are spamming the jobs forum with there credentials. Not following the rules. Upping the minimum post count will ensure that only established members can use the forum
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that what BWM wants? I thought that forum was just there for anyone to post for a job so the members of Ozzu could get some jobs, or others that comr accrost.

Zwirko
Quote:
A post count wouldnt make sence because some people just come here to post there job, and some people just come to look for them.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigweb has it on his to do list. Not sure what priority level it has at the moment, but he will address it at some point in some manner or another.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya the new style is top priority, even before sleeping..
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
Is that what BWM wants? I thought that forum was just there for anyone to post for a job so the members of Ozzu could get some jobs, or others that comr accrost.

Zwirko
Quote:
A post count wouldnt make sence because some people just come here to post there job, and some people just come to look for them.

thats perfectly fine. But its the people replying to the threads which bother me ;)
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Yeah, but my point was that the jobs forum itself actually states that it is a
place where "established members" can post ..... Was this its intention, its
charter? How many posts is established? With such a statement slapped
on the forum it seems to me as if one-post-wonders were not welcomed - or
at least frowned upon. If that is not the case then the foum should have
"a forum where anyone can post ..."

I wasn't giving my opinion - just noting the facts. I'm not advocating a
post-count thingy. I'm being pedantic and pointing out the forums odd
subheading.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

myself i think there should be no replays.. and they sould need to fill out a form that sues a script to post the info.. this was all the info that is needed will be posted and there would be no need to have anyone reply.. in my eyes thats the best idea.. no?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts