Multiple quotes

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to be able to quote multiple quotes same as Invision Board does. Basically there is a quote button next to each post and you click it and it turns another colour to show you've selected it, then when you hit the reply button at the bottom of the page it puts them all in the reply box and you can add your bit underneath.

At the moment we have to do it manually and it can take ages.

This is what I'd love to see on Ozzu :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
At the moment we have to do it manually and it can take ages.

Actually not entirely true. If you click on the Advanced Reply button at ozzu you can hit as many of the quote buttons in the topic review area that is shown below and they all go in the posting box. Is that something you are referring to?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh wow, I never knew you could do that.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah that's kind of what I mean (I never knew that option was there)

What I meant was as you read through a topic you can highlight posts you'd like to reply to as you go along, it also goes across pages, so you can be on page 1 and highlight 2 posts and then go to page 2 and highlight 1 post and on to page 3 and highlight another and then click reply and it will remember them all in order and place them in your advanced reply box, you don't need to scroll through to find them again down the bottom (also the bottom doesn't show every post made in the topic just the last however many).

I think that'd be very handy indeed especially when you've not checked a topic you're participating in for a few days and there are a more pages been added to the subject conversation.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Yeah, me neither hehe nice option!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
Quote:

musik wrote:

What I meant was as you read through a topic you can highlight posts you'd like to reply to as you go along, it also goes across pages, so you can be on page 1 and highlight 2 posts and then go to page 2 and highlight 1 post and on to page 3 and highlight another and then click reply and it will remember them all in order and place them in your advanced reply box, you don't need to scroll through to find them again down the bottom (also the bottom doesn't show every post made in the topic just the last however many).

I think that'd be very handy indeed especially when you've not checked a topic you're participating in for a few days and there are a more pages been added to the subject conversation.

This is pretty cool. Nice one!
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's so cool :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
labrego wrote:
Quote:

musik wrote:

This is pretty cool. Nice one!
Fabinator wrote:

:lol: I had to test it out. Nice feature... I'm sure it is new and came with PHPBB3... correct?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fabinator wrote:
labrego wrote:
Quote:

WooT!