New color scheme please

• dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Himachal Pradesh (India)

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no doubt that OZZU is the greatest webmaster forum in the history of internet, but there is something that I want for everybody. My biggest wish is the refreshing new colour scheme for ozzu. I love this forum and I think that there should be at least 3 to 6 color schemes for this forum. The present color scheme is a little kill for the eyes, keeping in view the different resolutions.

What do you think about this ozzuers ? :)
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

do u mean like different themes for ozzu. becuase i like the colors that are chosen now
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I like the current theme. The white text on the grey makes the content stand out, and there aren't many colors to distract the eye. I think that's important, because the content is the focus here.

That being a given, there are a wide range of themes and colors available for boards like this that members could select instead of this default one. The problem with multiple ones (particularly at this board) is that many modules have been added to this board to give it the functionality it currently has. If Bigwebmaster were to add additional color themes, he would have to update the code for every single module he has added to this place for every theme. I can pretty much guarantee you that it's a bit of a task to do just one theme.

I seriously doubt that you'll see any additional themes being offered.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that ATNO/TW. ( I love you )

I urge you to check - http://www.tombraiderforums.com - and compare it with the current scheme of OZZU. I think it is strange that being one of the top webmaster forums, OZZU has only one theme to offer. Please don't get me wrong, I love OZZU, that's why I am saying that. Having only one color color theme is nothing for OZZU.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

we're glad to know you like ozzu :)

there's a lot of great discussion regarding this suggestion here --
http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/new-design-for-ozzu-webmaster-forum-t18660.html

eventually we'll get a lighter ozzu theme going, but it's way too
much work right now, especially since the majority of people
seem to like it the way it is just fine.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand that. I'm speaking mostly from experience. My friend and I have a sports board http://imagesculptor.com/pool where I have a total of four themes members can choose from - the default (which is the stock phpBB theme), a hockey theme, an NFL theme, and a basketball theme.

I've had to do exactly what I mentioned above for everyone of those themes which makes me reluctant to add additional modules which would improve the place. I've also lost track of how much I've changed in each template and it would be a real bugger if I had to go in and remove or troubleshoot something.

I've given serious consideration to completely changing it and making it all one default theme instead of having to mess with four. In addition, I've also created custom pages that only members can access that I also have to update with any changes I make.

The problem just compounds itself the more themes you add, and unlike some places, Bigwebmaster does all the code changes to this place himself.

For what it's worth, I'd enjoy choices myself. I'm just trying to explain the impracticallity of it.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ha :shock: ha nice joke unflux ! you are funny :lol:

but don't say "eventually we'll get a lighter ozzu theme going, but it's way too much work right now" because in the presence of such a great team including you, I don't think it would be such a problem :)
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx ATNO/TW ! I love your http://www.imagesculptor.com/pool/ because it is simply but very well laid out. Now feel that ATNO/TW or Mr. Mark, your website theme is very light on eyes. Actually I was just saying about the visual philosophy :shock: of human eyes. Whenever you see a light object on o dark surface/background, your eyes open wide - and that means your eyes are working beyond the "allowance" :shock: (just like when you see something like "opposite sex" +++ Whatever goes that way, it means you are forcing your eyes +++ for example in your website http://www.imagesculptor.com/pool/ , we never force our eyes. And that's the bottom line :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a good explaination dreamweaver. But to confirm what UNFLUX said...Bigwebmaster has already discussed a light theme, but I'd be willing to guess that these forums are not Bigweb's primary source of income, and I know he's busy with other things, and it probably won't happen overnight. Keep in mind -- although we work as a team as mods --- Bigweb writes the code changes for this place by himself. So it could take some time.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx ATNO/TW. ( I belive you are one of the very kind, helping and knowledgeable person out there ) Actually the whole OZZU team is great, from site admin Brian ( Mr. super Brain ) and all the moderaters are doing the wonderful job. And I just thank you for that. Thanx for enlighting me with such a great information.

I (including everyone on this great forum) appriciate your great team work. But I am sure, OZZU will be ready with more color themes by the next two or three months. And that's the way it is.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreamweaver wrote:
but don't say "eventually we'll get a lighter ozzu theme going, but it's way too much work right now" because in the presence of such a great team including you, I don't think it would be such a problem :)

Hey, if it's so easy & quick to do, why don't you go ahead and make a few, and donate them to Ozzu if everybody likes 'em? :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Dreamweaver,

ATNO/TW has pretty much hit the nail on the head with the reasons why there is currently only one theme. For many months there were two themes that existed on Ozzu, but due to the extreme amount of modifications (mods) installed, and customizations that I have made to code myself, it is seriously a major time consuming task for me to add additional themes that work properly with how PHPBB is installed on this server. I try to keep the forum up to date with the current releases of PHPBB, and each time they update, it is major work for me to again resintall everything.

The major focus for Ozzu is the content found here, but it the design of Ozzu is still important. In the future we do plan to move to a lighter type theme which Unflux will most likely be working with me on, but for the time being the priority for this is low. I have many other more important projects for the time being, and Unflux has been pretty busy himself with his own projects. For the time being it doesn't look like either of us will be able to work on a new theme and it is very unlikely that ozzu will ever support more than one theme simultaneously (at least that is how it appears right now, due to the work involved).

I do appreciate discussion on the topic as we are obviously open to discussions like this, and we do greatly appreciate feedback from members to make the environment here an overall better place for everyone.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

For what it's worth, I love the current Ozzu theme :)

White text on a black background is so much easier on the eyes than vice-versa (especially at night when it's kinda dark in the room anyway, heh).
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, I am normally veiwing ozzu late a night when I am tired and the grey on black is soft on the eyes, I personally could care less if ozzu got a new theme because I wouldn't use it
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreamweaver wrote:

according to the footer, this site uses phpBB. i do not see how anyone would think that adding a new style or theme to phpBB is a problem. in most cases it's as simple as uploading the files of the new style.

there are 100's of styles (themes, templates) for phpBB. sometimes i prefer a dark style like the default and other times i much prefer a lighter colored theme. but i hate this olive green/grey color.

in fact, you know how they aways say the original is the best? i have not seen a style that was better than the original phpbb2 style - i think it's called subSilver.

something else to consider when modifying php web apps.
put your mods in a separate file then comment out the old stuff you want to replace. finally, include("mymods.inc"); that way your mods don't get trashed and you can easily comment out the stuff then include the mods file.

JMHO

scarecrow
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are hundreds of phpBB themes & templates that don't take into account any hacks or modifications that have been made to the code of the forum. :)

Olive green? am I missing something?

Just looks shades of grey to me.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

scarecrow wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:

according to the footer, this site uses phpBB. i do not see how anyone would think that adding a new style or theme to phpBB is a problem. in most cases it's as simple as uploading the files of the new style.

there are 100's of styles (themes, templates) for phpBB. sometimes i prefer a dark style like the default and other times i much prefer a lighter colored theme. but i hate this olive green/grey color.

in fact, you know how they aways say the original is the best? i have not seen a style that was better than the original phpbb2 style - i think it's called subSilver.

JMHO

scarecrow

Not when you have great deal of mods installed like ozzu does scarecrow, plus there are about 15 additional templates that I had to make just to get everything to match (lottery, point system, quick reply, website review mod, etc). Adding new themes takes alot of work in this case. Now if it was only a default PHPBB installation with no mods, then yah it would be very easy like you are saying.

As far as olive green, there is no olive green here. I think you need to adjust your monitor settings as it might be making it appear there is green. It should be a solid grey color.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:

As far as olive green, there is no olive green here.

? I'm thinking that the mouseover hover for the forums, and the topics, posts, lastposts, etc...columns could be identified as a shade of perhaps an olive green. That may be what he's refering to?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting - on my home computer what I mentioned above does appear to have a sorta greenish tint to it, whereas this one is just varying shades of grey. Must be a difference in the graphics cards or monitors.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, yeah some graphic cards or monitors must not work properly on outputing the correct colors.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

See, that's what happens when you buy a GeForce ;)
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:

JMHO

scarecrow

Not when you have great deal of mods installed like ozzu does scarecrow, plus there are about 15 additional templates that I had to make just to get everything to match (lottery, point system, quick reply, website review mod, etc). Adding new themes takes alot of work in this case. Now if it was only a default PHPBB installation with no mods, then yah it would be very easy like you are saying.

As far as olive green, there is no olive green here. I think you need to adjust your monitor settings as it might be making it appear there is green. It should be a solid grey color.

These type of mods or hacks you are talking about defeat the purpose of having styles or themes, wouldn't you say? With the exception of the header and footer, everything else in phpbb2 themes should be basically left alone I would think. Any changes to the theme/style core files would simply be creating a new theme, per say.

If it is not possible to add functions, addons and modules to phpbb2 like the ones used in phpnuke without going through and modifying every last theme, then I say it's time to look at another board.

As for using phpbb as the main website page, this has been done using fully modded phpbb: http://phpbbfm.net/ but I see they only use one theme too.

scarecrow
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Interesting - on my home computer what I mentioned above does appear to have a sorta greenish tint to it, whereas this one is just varying shades of grey. Must be a difference in the graphics cards or monitors.

could be the monitor or color depth. from my XF86Config on this box:
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1280x1024"

i did not run 32 bit color. 24 bit seems to speed up X quiet a bit. besides, the default 24 bit mode centers my screen perfectly and i don't have to fool with xvidtune or the flatpanel's built in buttons.

my laptop is running true color, which i assume is 32 bit and the colors look grey like Bigwebmaster said, not greenish.

while websafe colors are not usually a problem anymore, there is a difference in color here.

ATNO/TW - (assuming you have a flatpanel display like mine) on the one that looks greenish, lean to your left or right and see if changes color?

the color on this board when viewed at 24 bit color on my flatpanel display, does seem to be a greenish color. i don't think the video adaptor or monitor has anything to do with it. i have a built in Rage XL and on most sites I notice no difference than my laptop running 32 bit true color.

i dimmed the light in my room but no difference. it may also have something to do with the panels auto dimming feature - i lov this because when i go to a very bright "white" page it auto dims! very neat.

oh, and my flatpanel display is an 18" Mitsubishi and works very well. it's black just like my keyboard and server 8)

scarecrow
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The reason for this is because all the server side scripting aspects of phpbb2 is seperate from the templates, so while you do not have to change the code for every theme, if the mod involves any sort of appearance change you have to go in and change the template for it.

It's really not that big of a deal, and I'd love to see a forum which automaticall adds hacks to each template you have.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Scarecrow: as far as I know X does not have a 32 bit color, 24 depth IS 32bit windows.

EDIT: And monitor settings, gamma settings, and video card output can ALL effect the color of what is displayed. If you set up the "temperature" of the color to cool or warm, you can get different coloring effects. Gamma can also be adjusted in each color (RGB).

EDIT2: and I am not seeing any grey coloring with that exact same depth in X. MY resolution is a bit higher, 1600x1200, but that doesn't factor in.
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
Scarecrow: as far as I know X does not have a 32 bit color, 24 depth IS 32bit windows.

EDIT: And monitor settings, gamma settings, and video card output can ALL effect the color of what is displayed. If you set up the "temperature" of the color to cool or warm, you can get different coloring effects. Gamma can also be adjusted in each color (RGB).

you may be correct, it's shows...

256 - 8 bit
thousands of colors - 16 bit
millions of colors - 24 bit color

so my laptop and server are running the same colors. must be the flatpanel display then. i can lean to the left or right and the colors look the same as the laptop!

scarecrow

update: also switched to 16 bit, no difference. played around with contrast, brightness, etc, no change.

Ps: capturing screenshots won't help, this is a display problem not a graphics problem. in other words, the problem is specific to certain monitors and hardware. if you don't see a greenish color on your monitor, you won't see it in any of my screenshots either.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's just like microsoft to inflate the color count anyway ;) I believe there is a reason for the extra 8 bits, the white spectrum or black spectrum or something, but they really aren't included in the monitor.

Monitors can very easily scew the color mode, I actually just went into mine, and turning down the "temperature" (I can't remember if that's the exact term...I'm almost positive it is) from 9300K (kalvin?) to as low as 5300K. This NOTICIBLY changes the steel, silver and black scheme to a pasty olive color.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually scarecrow is right in an "unknown" way :D
I have installed Win98, Win2000 Server and WinXP on the same machine and you won't believe it looks kinda greenish in Win98, especially the text links. I was not aware of this until 2 to 3 days ago. ( I live in a hilly area and "as usual" in India, the basic telephone service is not good in such areas. 2 to 3 days ago, the fast dialing failed and I don't know how but my phone number was interchanged from 220257 to 220336. Ha ha I had to tell everyone in reply that it was not a medical store. :D Also the Internet was not working in WinXP. I changed the dialing mode to pulse but nothing worked. Then it was good old Win98 who accepted my request and I was online somehow. = And that was the day when I noticed the "greenish thing" about OZZU. It never looked greenish in WinXP. Really OZZU looks amazingly different in that greenish look.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Only thing I see that's green here is the links on the Google ads at the top ;)

I've looked at this site on a whole bunch of different CRT monitors, and a few LCD monitors, with ATI Radeon cards and other makes, with '98SE, 2KPro, and XP, and it's always looked shades of grey to me.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh sorry Axe, then you should consult forums eye specialist Dr. Brian :shock: :lol:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

These people who are seeing green.... Do a screenshot, paste it into photoshop, and paste here the exact colour hexcode that shows as green.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D well Axe ! here is the simple solution. Ask Brian to add some phpbb codes in your eyes so that you can be freed from head to tow and see the divine beauty of creation.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, it's supposed to be grey, I'm seeing grey, so it looks like you got the problem :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

scarecrow wrote:

These type of mods or hacks you are talking about defeat the purpose of having styles or themes, wouldn't you say? With the exception of the header and footer, everything else in phpbb2 themes should be basically left alone I would think. Any changes to the theme/style core files would simply be creating a new theme, per say.

If it is not possible to add functions, addons and modules to phpbb2 like the ones used in phpnuke without going through and modifying every last theme, then I say it's time to look at another board.

As for using phpbb as the main website page, this has been done using fully modded phpbb: http://phpbbfm.net/ but I see they only use one theme too.

scarecrow

I think I'd like to address this. I'm not a php expert like some here are, admittedly, although I do my darndest. I can vouch for the fact that adding mods to multiple themes with phpBB is somewhat difficult. I currently have a total of four themes ongoing with my board now. I welcome you to sign up a membership if you want to check out the alternatives, as I currently have it set so that you can only switch to them if you are a member. The problem comes down to what b_heyer stated earlier....if you add a mod to phpBB you (almost always) have to also change things in every theme template you have.

The thing that you have to consider here is that in addition to phpBB mods, Bigwebmaster has written a few of his own (not published to the best of my knowledge) as well as a few CGI/perl scripts to enhance things. I don't know how many people are on the phpBB team that developed this board script, but I do know it's a task for one person to update and deal with changes. In addition I can also add that some who do the "variations" to the style themes don't follow to the letter the script....so as a result, I am going to have to go back and closely look at 2 of my four themes one of these days and modify them to work with a couple of the features that I have added.

Bottom line is that, IMHO, the phpBB board works well here, and if some do it better, then more power to them...

I can pretty much guarantee you that Bigwebmaster knows his way around these issues and makes good decisions about them.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe ! I don't know who is right or wrong :)
but I said what I saw. I use Win98 for old games that do not load faster in WinXP like some flavours of Tomb Raider. Sorry I cannot shift to Win98 this time but trust me I will do what you mentioned and then we both will see the divine beauty of creation. :)

joke : I think no one is wrong here. The only wrong person is Brian who started this great forum :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe...no screen shot at the moment...but I'm about 99 % sure the hexcode is #666666

By the looks of it, that should be a shade of grey, but on my home computer it appears a shade of olive green and on my work computer it apears grey as I think it should.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, #666666 should be grey. Equal parts of RGB... guess y'all need to fix your monitors ;)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
guess y'all need to fix your monitors ;)

Easier said than done *lol
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Axe...no screen shot at the moment...but I'm about 99 % sure the hexcode is #666666

By the looks of it, that should be a shade of grey, but on my home computer it appears a shade of olive green and on my work computer it apears grey as I think it should.

my color picker in Bluefish shows the offending colors to be:
#5A595A

i open bluefish and use it's color picker which shows the colors i see on the monitor...

now, there are none of these hex codes listed in:
http://www.ozzu.com/templates/smartDark/smartDark.css

so it must be a monitor or video problem right? i have already changed depth to 16 bit in X, no change. played around with monitor contrast and brightness, no change. reset monitor to default, no change.

i lean to my left and the color looks more correct with a blue/grey just like the laptop. so, should i try this flatpanel display on a windows box and see how that looks?

scarecrow
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm.. that's odd, that #292829 and #5A595A would show as green when they've actually got less green in them than red & blue... Very odd...

My monitor allows me to adjust the RGB output independently of each other on the on-screen display, and the first thing I did was calibrate it right when I got it.
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

These are the same colors that the color picker showed on my monitor that appears green:

http://www.mechanixchange.com/ozzu/

I will get out the flatpanel display manual tomorrow and see if I can get these colors right. I don't think it has much adjustment though.

Maybe it's subliminal suggestion that makes it look green, or perhaps I do have a problem and never noticed it until I visited this forum.

I have other display problems too, funky vertical lines sometime appear in the background image of the header of ozzu! I can page down then page back up and it goes away. It seems to be affected when I do the mouse-over links thing too. Does this in Galeon, Firebird, and Mozilla.

scarecrow
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok Axe ! I have done my homework in Win98 and I am going to upload that image of ozzu forum home page. are you ready ?
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreamweaver wrote:
Ok Axe ! I have done my homework in Win98 and I am going to upload that image of ozzu forum home page. are you ready ?

i don't think that will work. visit the link in my post above to view the colors.

scarecrow
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now you have to believe I was capable of that. There is only one dead cop in this room killed by you Axe. hi hi just joking.

Well Axe ! you have to believe I was right :wink: Look at the image and admit it. I also made some boxes on the original image compared the results with grey box :)

http://www.himachalpradesh.us/webs/ozzu.jpg

Now what you have to you Axe :D
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, all your screenshots are showing as grey for me :)

And this is just a cheap $179 19" I got about 2 years ago from Walmart ;)
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg AXE ! I think your monitor is set at very high res. and at full brightness. It is not easy to judge that too easy in that case. That's why I reduced the resolution to 800x600 when T took that shot. Just reduce the res. for a minute and also reduce the brightness a bit and now carefully notice........

I mentioned it earlier it never looks greenish in WinXP. :)
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

people who are seeing the green color are in fact, inside the matrix and are aware that the matrix isn't real and there is a glitch in the code.

on the other hand, users who see the correct grey colors are unaware of what's really going on :shock:

it's the only logical explanation 8)

scarecrow
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreamweaver wrote:
I mentioned it earlier it never looks greenish in WinXP. :)

win98 on the same box with the same hardware???

my hardware:
ATI Rage XL
MITSUBISHI 18.1" Flatpanel display

scarecrow
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'm in 1600x1200 res.. But I've looked at this site in 1024x768, and 800x600, and I don't need to go messing with my brightness & contrast, cuz it's set right - which is why I'm seeing the colours (or lack of) that I'm supposed to be seeing :)
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) Ok Axe and scarecrow ! let life trace or vanish this matter in the sands of time. Reality is always different. You can call me a liar Axe, but you cannot deny the fact that many people in here have reported about the "greenish" thing, even the super moderator ATNO/TW told us about that. Now think about that Axe : We all at the same time can not be wrong because we don't even know each other to form a story for a deadly plot. The "greenish" thing is there.

Yes scarecrow ! I am using the same hardware and the "greenish" thing is only in Win98 and not in Win2000 Server and WinXP.

well ATNO/TW ! tell me where the mazic lies, hidden in the sands ? And I will follow you over the wastelands of the heart 8)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm not saying anybody is "wrong", or that they're not seeing what they claim they're seeing.

Simply that my monitors are set correctly here. I've looked at the site in '98, 2KPro & XP, and I'm seeing shades of grey. Am I then the liar because I'm unable to reproduce what you're seeing?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also the fact that the colors in Ozzu's CSS file are actually truly shades of gray, not green. What this means is either your browser, computer, monitor, or something somewhere is making it have shades of green. There are in fact no shades of green here, so its not Ozzu's problem, but something on your end. The fact more than one person has this problem simply means you guys have something in common with your configurations, who knows what it is though.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I figured this out. My computer at home was set to High Color (16-bit). That's where I was seeing the greenish tint. I just switched it to True Color (24 bit) and now it appears the shades of grey I was expecting. Test it out on your own, but that is exactly what made the difference for me.
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I figured this out. My computer at home was set to High Color (16-bit). That's where I was seeing the greenish tint. I just switched it to True Color (24 bit) and now it appears the shades of grey I was expecting. Test it out on your own, but that is exactly what made the difference for me.

did not work in linux using 16bit or 24 bit color ozzu appears the same.

yes Bigwebmaster, it's definately a problem on this end. the problem, my monitor allows you to change green, blue, magenta, red, yellow, just about any color except black or grey. plus, adjusting the brightness, contrast or color depth doesn't help either.

i will post the cause of the problem here when I find an answer. it make take connecting this display to a Windows box for comparison.

sc
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

boy! hat a conspiracy this turned out to be
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe if you took off those funky shades, life wouldn't be quite as green :-P
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The color scheme is just perfect and easy to read. Needless to say less strain on eye. (Even consume less color :) )

We all remember how a site spoiled its look in an attempt to make things attractive. Yes you got it ExpertExchange from a classical Forum look it changed to a light version with blue graphics and stuff.

Great going buddies. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please update the FAQ section of the site. As I was reading the same and did'nt find any link as User Groups.

And add more information for new members. Information like different types of user Newbie Assistant / Newbie / Hacker and so on and so forth.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

cyberax wrote:
Information like different types of user Newbie Assistant / Newbie / Hacker and so on and so forth.

they don't mean anything, they are just titles, I am by no stretch of the imagination a guru

but if you are interested, they are explained here > http://www.ozzu.com/general-discussion/still-newbie-how-get-promoted-t20799.html
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are no user groups at OZZU, cyberax, which is why you couldn't find a link. The board is capable of it, but we don't use that feature.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

That means that some work Bigwebmasters to update the site's FAQ.

As I searched all around the site for the Usergroup link :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

He has a long list of things to update. The FAQ's here are the generic one's that come with the install of the board. Not sure that very many phpBB users take the time to even look at them since we don't really need to, for the most part. Your point is a good one.
  • peartree
  • Born
  • Born
  • peartree
  • Loc: OH, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personal opinions are:

1- I agree with the poster- this color scheme is a little hard on the eyes, especially at small point sizes. The forum text isn't too bad, but the menus, which seem to be GRAY on black, are very hard to read.

2- If people didn't feel that there needs to be more choice, there wouldn't be over 6 pages of replies.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 63 posts