New Window

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it possible to have links open up in a new window (or tab) like on phpbb2? I know its not a biggy, but I always forget that phpbb3 just opens the links in the same window, so then I have to press back, then right click and open in new window. Its just kind of annoying.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your mouse has a wheel on it press the wheel on the link. At least thats how I can do that... but a more universal way of doing that is by pressing Ctrl+left mouse click on link. That would open in new tab in firefox... Don't know about IE... If in IE it's not in a new tab than it's going to be in a new window, but not the same.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The way I have done it, and the way I believe what most sites do is links to external websites will open in a new window. Links to local areas on ozzu will simply replace the window. If you want it to go in a new window hold down the shift key when you click the link -- or if you have a mouse wheel, you might be able to click the mouse wheel to make it go in a new tab (instead of a new window).
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sweet thanks for that.

Just to let you know the link I was talking about was external, and it opened in the same window as Ozzu. Not to worry, I will use the shift key thing.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you please let me know what link you are referring to so I can look into it and fix it. All external links should open in new windows.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh I see what you mean, I tested it with bigwebmaster.com and it opened in a new window, but I went to Joe's blog and it opened in the same window as Ozzu, I had to double check it to make sure I was not imagining things, but it was Joe's blog I was trying to visit the first time also. (http://develobert.blogspot.com/)

Edit: Ok thats weird the link opens in a new window here, but not from the link under Joe's avatar? Its doing it for all the links under people's avatars.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

All bigwebmaster.com and unmelted.com links in the sidebar under "Forum Network" open in the same window. On second thought, perhaps this is intentional?
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said the problem seems to be the links under a users avatar.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Should be fixed now.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much better.
  • Bogey