go to newest post

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

usually when I pressed the "go to newest post" button it would take me to the most recent post that I haven't read (marked by an orange icon (light theme)) ... but these days it just takes me to the newest page and doesn't go all the way down to let's say the 12th post even though the orange marker is only at the 12th post ... please note that these are for topics that I am not "watching" for replies ...

Just thought I'd note that ... nothing serious ...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, I just tried it and it seems to work for me. Can you please be more specific? What OS and browser are you using, what page are you clicking from to goto the newest post (there are many different pages here that have that), and anything else you can think of that would help me.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

OS ... Vista Business
Browser ... FF 2.0.0.11
here's the complete thing ... I am doing this as I type ... first I enter "general discussion", now there is one thread/topic that is marked red (light theme) ... it is called "starting a new blog?" ... there is now 1 reply to it and 15 views ... I have already viewed that topic before there was a reply, so I was one of the 15 views ... I now click on the orange paper thingy (icon) to the left of the topic name ... the page opens up right at the top (menu and header is visible) ... the first post (by Cratima) has a white icon next to it (I have already seen it), and the second post (by ace5p1d0r) is marked with an orange icon (I haven't read it yet) ... hope this provides a little more clarification ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I had a few more to test on aswell ... I was in the "website design" forum this time ... every time clicking the orange "go-to-newest-post" button and everytime the page stayed right at the top even though only the last post hasn't been seen ... then there was another topic where there have been no replies yet, and that one shot directly to the first post, going beyond the menu and header ...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Working fine for me with same browser only XP Pro
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Works fine for me as well
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm that is very odd righteous_trespasser, can you post a screenshot of the page immediately after you click on the newest post icon so that I can see everything you are seeing.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, now at home I don't get that thing anymore ... will check again tomorrow and let you know if it happens again ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

here is what is was talking about, but it seems like it happens for threads that I have already replied to ...

and then this image is the next one I did the same thing with ... I also replied to it previously, but this one worked as expected ...

I'm confused now ... Look, if you don't know why this happens, please don't worry yourself about it as it seems that I am the only one having this issue ... and it doesn't bother me ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have now written down my results as I go through topics that have new posts in them ... you will see that they are either marked my 3 dots or 3 dashes ... the three dots mean that they loaded as they should have and went to the newest post and the three dashes mean that they didn't load correctly and just took me to the top of the page ... hope this helps ...

// these are in chronological order ...

General

--- Holidays
... Favorite Forum Software
--- http://www.elfyourself.com
--- BABY NAMES?
... Starting a new blog?
... I am going to be a dad
... War in Iraq?

Digital Art and Photography

--- Check inside!

General

--- I am going to be a dad

Flash and ActionScript Forum

... From flash to JPG
... Help. Auto scale text
... Can't post multiple YouTube videos in a swf file.
... Flash Video unable to play in SWF

Microsoft Windows Forum

--- Running a program/batch as a service
... One computer on a network cannot connect to the Internet, why?
--- Keyloggers - how to detect and get rid of?
... Music problem

Google Forum

... Backlinks in white font on white background.
... What are some quick-result SEO techniques you have used?
... I was on Google's page 1, now I'm nowhere.

General

--- http://www.elfyourself.com
--- War in Iraq?

Posting Games

... grant a wish
... Three Word Story

General

--- War in Iraq?

Posting Games

... Word Association Game
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the screenshots you posted I did notice one thing for the one that didn't work, the sid was appended to the URL. Can you please let me know if everytime it doesn't work there is something about the SID in the URL?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

what's more interesting is why are they all different. sid=session ID and they should all be the same as long as you haven't logged out or closed your browser or opened OZZU in a new tab. Plus if you're logged in, the SID shouldn't be displayed in the address bar anyway.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

all three those were in different tabs ... when I found one, I opened a new tab and went in search for more that did that ... but I haven't logged out any time inbetween ...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK well that explains the different ID's then. Each tab is a different session.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

//only saw now ... 19000 posts for you ... nice one ... hehe

cool, I didn't know that you have different sessions in different tabs ... but why would showing a sessionID have an effect on the "newest post" button ...?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't know. Just thinking out loud. If you are logged in the SID shouldn't be showing at all. And thanks btw.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

the session id is probably in the URL because something whatever it is that is supposed to take it from the url failed to work (or whatever... I'm babbling...)...

The browser obviously forgot that it is supposed to go to the newest post and just went to the topic that contains the new post... I guess the SID knocks the brower's memory and brains out lol.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts