not really a suggestion...

• GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

this isnt exactly a suggestion.. more of a question. is there a glitch in the offline/online thing in ppls profile?? the only one that i have clicked on that says they are online is me. in everyone elses profile it says they are offline. no matter if they posted within the minute i viewed their profile or if they are listed as being online at the bottom of the screen. (i know the list at the bottom of the screen is based on the past five minutes or someting)
sorry if this is in the wrong place
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok uh... maybe im wrong.... check it out for yourselves though. sometimes it works sometimes it dont....
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe when you clicked it they were offline?

This forum has thousands of members and usually about 250 people online (inluding guests)
So the percentage of members online at any one time is very small. Obviously when you checked your own profile you were online.

If it shows them online at the bottom of the page thier profile will also show them online at that time because they would use the same method of checking.
but in the time it takes to refresh the page, or click a link to another thread they may of closed thier browser. So it only shows thier on/offline status at the time of your last page load.
  • GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i clicked there name when they was at the bottom where it says Online Users
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

For your information, i have noticed it as well.

But like quite alot of things, its not really the most important thing in the world. So i can sleep happily at night rather than scraping my mind as to why it changes when you look at people profiles.

:D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The users online shows numbers based on a five minute time out, so members will still be shown there for 5 minutes after they have left OZZU, however, if I'm not mistaken, their profile shows their immediate status, so if they have left or not been active, their profile will show offline, even though the users online status hangs around for a few extra minutes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts