Shut up man, i'm lovin this theme

Overall View

• fyndhern
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Turkey | ANKARA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi friends,
I'm new on Ozzu forums and i have some suggestions on forums overall view. I think it's too dark, there is much more gray and black. Personally i think this view is boring. Much more lively colors(not pink or purple i mean :wink: ) will be appreciable. What is your suggestions friends ?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, i didnt like the Ozzu theme when i came here but it grew on me within a few days.

Going by previous discussions saying the same thing as you have fyndhern, i believe that the theme has been discussed and might be changed. I am not sure of that, i am sorry if i am wrong.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
To be honest, i didnt like the Ozzu theme when i came here but it grew on me within a few days.

Me too. I always pick much brighter (but not too bright) colours for my website, but I guess this one's still just as good! :)
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

After staring at a monitor with a white background and lines of highlighted text (text & code editors for those that don't know me) it is nice to come to a site that has a monochromatic or gray scale feel.

Don't change a thing!
  • fyndhern
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thnx for suggentions friends. Yes, this theme is smart ,i agreed :D but dark :lol: , why ozzu have only one board style(smart dark)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster has added to many custom mods to the forum for it to be practical to maintain more than one theme. As noted, a lighter theme has been discussed, but don't expect to see any major changes until phpBB group offers the next "major" release of the board. That probably won't be until after Olympus has been released and tested.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the major problems with a light theme is many people have created avatars and images for use on a dark background at ozzu. Also many of the smileys and premade avatars are meant either for dark backgrounds or light backgrounds. If we were to have multiple themes it would not work. I would need to either choose one or the other because otherwise images will show up bad like here:

vs

See how this smiley avatar was made for dark backgrounds? I would have to use a different set for the light backgrounds, but if I did that then the it would work great on the light backgrounds, but be poor on the dark backgrounds. The way PHPBB is setup the smileys you choose are not theme independant meaning if a user selects a certain avatar it will be that exact one that is used on both the light and dark themes.

That is one of the major reasons I don't think I will ever have both. Also the fact to have two themes is a great deal more work as far as upgrading forums is concerned.
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
  • fyndhern
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok friends, that means we must wait for PhpBB upgrade.
  • Aby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aby
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a cool theme
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think this black and tones of gray is an excellent site format. It really works well and is different.
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

actual one is nice...i like it deep :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts