Ozzu bug in header cuts off topics, posts, and headlines

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu is broken in IE.

Top banner covers the first 4 topics, covers the menu and covers the ability to see what you're typeing at this point I can't read this.

don't know what you did, but it needs to be fixed. I was waiting for you to find it on your own then I realized you may be using firefox and would never see this I can't read what im typeing now because google ad is covering...ok there on other side of ad..

Also this was supposed to be in the General topics, but again, Google ad covers that over in IE and the first group that is visible is the website secutiryt topic.
Moderator Remark: Updated title to reflect the specific problem
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attachments:
ozzu-header-bug.jpg

Ozzu header bug which cuts off content

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just wanted to include the important part of your User-Agent string from the online users list in case you're not on when Brian gets here. :) It doesn't seem to happen in IE8/Vista for me. Maybe it's an IE7 thing.

Code: [ Select ]
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0;

As for the F bomb, word censor. I'm pretty sure you can turn it off in your profile if you want. It's under "Board preferences" -> "display settings".
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems to work fine for me in both IE7, IE8, and Firefox. Please try clearing your cache and see if that fixes it. What OS are you using?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

sd
dsfs
dds

CANT READ THIS - The AD script is once again making the page look funny and I can't realy the top of the broweser.

I can send screenshot - same as before, the website is pulling the content page up and hiding most of the page....
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you using any sort of user-specific stylesheets like described here -- http://www.microsoft.com/enable/trainin ... style.aspx -- or anything along those lines ?
  • sheva249
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sheva249

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me too facing the same problem. Is ozzu stopping the support to IE6???
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just checked with IE6 and Ozzu appears to be fine for the pages I checked. While future projects or design changes will be dropping support for IE6, the current design does still support IE6 for the most part. There are a few areas I use PNG images that have transparency which IE6 would have troubles with, but that shouldn't make so the site is not accessible via IE6.

The percentage of IE6 users visiting Ozzu are currently at 4.8% of the traffic and dropping each month. For the same period one year ago IE6 users were at 6.9% of the traffic, so it has currently dropped about 2% in one year. I estimate one year from now IE6 users will be around 3% of the traffic, 3 in 100 users.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just checked it on my laptop and it does that.

I used MSIE7 and MS Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Clearing the cache didn't do anything.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

I used MSIE7

Is it running in compatibility mode?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you mean compatibility mode? I never changed a setting in MSIE7 after reinstalling the laptop to original factory condition and it does that.

So, if compatibility mode is not default, than no, I'm not.

How do I turn it on though? I checked through the options in MSIE7 and couldn't find compatibility mode.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, he is referring to IE8's compatability mode that runs the site as IE7 ...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I was actually because I read the post wrong. My apologies for saying it in the first place. didn't mean to confuse you.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clipped from programming-forum/mysql-select-statement-help-needed-with-syntax-t103358.html#p575579

anyusernamewilldo wrote:
oh... by the way - the google ads box at the top of every ozzu page under the ozzu header and main menu button is rendering the site almost unusable for me, also the top part of every page is obscured beneath the ozzu header and no way to scroll up or close the pop up style google ads box :( It can't be just me surely does anyone else know about this?

Im using IE 7 and tried it on 2 computers - and experiencing the same problems on both systems.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry it has taken me so long to figure this problem out (around 5 months or so). I looked into it more and was able to finally duplicate the problem. The reason I was not able to duplicate the problem before was because not only was it in IE7, but only for logged in users which apparently I only tested while I was logged out. Since I was able to duplicate the problem now I believe it is now fixed for what appeared to be random users having the problem. I actually believe it was affecting the majority of IE7 users who were logged into Ozzu. It did not appear to affect users who were logged out.

According to Google Analytics about 6% of users visiting Ozzu are using IE7, so while the number was fairly small, it was still more than 1 in 20 people.

So with that said let me know for those of you who were having the problem if it is now fixed!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts