Ozzu link image?

  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many time sites that offer services or other things for use on pages also have a graphic of some sort that folks can put on their page to link back to the site.

For instance, http://www.milonic.com has a selection of gif files that you can put on your page to link back to their site and acknowledge that you're using their code. Blogger.com also offers a "powered by blogger" image for giving credit and linking back to the page.

It seems like there is so much great stuff here at ozzu and I have learned so much even in the little bit of time I've been reading and participating here. I'd like to be able to put some sort of credit on my page to ozzu for making alot of stuff there possible.

Is there any sort of a "powered by ozzu" type image available for posting on one's imdex page, for the purpose of "giving credit where credit is due"? If not, what are the odds of getting one made? I'd be glad to make it myself, but graphics are not my strong suit right now (i'm still trying to figure out HTML :oops: ) Judging from some of the sites i've seen from this forum, there are some very talented folks here, and I don't imagine it would take very long to make a sharp looking image.

Just a thought.


Mark
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23455
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu has a referral system already in place.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmmm. I'm conflicted. I want to put up a link image, but the images available are . . . aesthetically challenged? Maybe i will try to make one myself after all. Might be a good learning experience.

Mark
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23455
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you do make one, please run it by Bigwebmaster for his approval. I'm moving this to the suggestion board.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
If you do make one, please run it by Bigwebmaster for his approval. I'm moving this to the suggestion board.


Wilco.

BTW, sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I didn't see the suggestions forum, but i did look.

Mark
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6893
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

allgoodpeople wrote:
Many time sites that offer services or other things for use on pages also have a graphic of some sort that folks can put on their page to link back to the site.

For instance, http://www.milonic.com has a selection of gif files that you can put on your page to link back to their site and acknowledge that you're using their code. Blogger.com also offers a "powered by blogger" image for giving credit and linking back to the page.

It seems like there is so much great stuff here at ozzu and I have learned so much even in the little bit of time I've been reading and participating here. I'd like to be able to put some sort of credit on my page to ozzu for making alot of stuff there possible.

Is there any sort of a "powered by ozzu" type image available for posting on one's imdex page, for the purpose of "giving credit where credit is due"? If not, what are the odds of getting one made? I'd be glad to make it myself, but graphics are not my strong suit right now (i'm still trying to figure out HTML :oops: ) Judging from some of the sites i've seen from this forum, there are some very talented folks here, and I don't imagine it would take very long to make a sharp looking image.

Just a thought.


Mark



I think that's a great idea Mark, you can never have enough people on a board like this.

Oh and don't forget on your website use your referral ID as your URL so you can earn point for cash for people who sign up and post :D

Cheers!
Rose
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:

Oh and don't forget on your website use your referral ID as your URL so you can earn point for cash for people who sign up and post :D

Cheers!
Rose


Good looking out! i wouldn't have thought of that.

Like they used to say in the old days: Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Mark
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6893
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

you got that right! ;)
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I've gone ahead and made a few new images for linking back to ozzu.com./ It's essentially just a smaller version of the image in the upper left corner of the website.

There's three versions. 1 is larger, so that if someone wanted to edit it (add a motto or soemthing) they would have room to do extra work with it. The text is it's own layer, so it should be easy enough to do. the second is cropped alittle tighter, removing the extra space. After viewing them in a HTML document, i realized it looked like there was a black border on two sides, so i made a third cropped image with a black border on all 4 sides.

I would like to animate it somehow to fade back and forth between current image and a motto of some sort, but i don't know how to do that. perhaps a post for a different forum though.

you can get the images here:

http://www.markrhodes.us/ozzuimage.htm

hope you like them! any feedback on my use of photoshop to create them is very appreciated as well, as i'm a newwbie with the program.

mark
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9092
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would probably be best if you tried to use standard banner/button sizes. Some are:

728x90
468x60
120x60
88x31

Anyway we still appreciate you trying to make some banners. Thanks!
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 4581
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can hardly read the "Webmaster forum"...maybe its just cause I am at 1600x1200
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1211

Post 3+ Months Ago

is there a motto for the ozzu forums?

maybe a good idea for a contest
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9092
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not really. How about "A community for Webmasters" - LOL.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6893
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: works for me
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
It would probably be best if you tried to use standard banner/button sizes. Some are:

728x90
468x60
120x60
88x31

Anyway we still appreciate you trying to make some banners. Thanks!


i didn't realize there were standard sizes. are those dimensions in pixels? might be a dumb question, but like i said, i'm pretty new with making graphics and working with photoshop. it wouldn't be hard to make them in a different size though.

my main goal was to just make a small image, similar to the Blogger.com image supplied i have on my page. i don't really care for great big banners on my sites, personally. thus my motivation to make the new images. but i'd be glad to make them in a more standard size or make changes to them if someone wanted something in particular. it's all a good learning experience for me, so suggest away if you have any!

mark
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

whatlikesit12345 wrote:
is there a motto for the ozzu forums?

maybe a good idea for a contest


i agree, there should be some sort of motto. what was that old "about" statement that used to appear at the top of the forum? ozzu is a friendly community for webmasters" or something along those lines? i think a motto for ozzu should express that they're open to newbies but still have alot of knowledgeable (sp?) people here (i.e. the forum isn't full of people who don't know anything, but if you're still learning, you're welcome here). not sure how you'd express that in a concise manner though.

"Ozzu - We Won't Flame You!"

"<Ozzu.com style="friendly">Webmaster's Community</Ozzu.com>"

"Ozzu - You've got questions? We've got answers." (as long as Radio Shack never finds the site, we'd be ok :P )


Any other ideas?

Mark

mark
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1215
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website Design, Programming, Website Reviews, Hosting, Flash, ActionScript, Drawing, Digital Art, Photography, Windows, Linux, Search Engine, Google

how do you ozzu?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9092
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

allgoodpeople wrote:
Bigwebmaster wrote:
It would probably be best if you tried to use standard banner/button sizes. Some are:

728x90
468x60
120x60
88x31

Anyway we still appreciate you trying to make some banners. Thanks!


i didn't realize there were standard sizes. are those dimensions in pixels? might be a dumb question, but like i said, i'm pretty new with making graphics and working with photoshop. it wouldn't be hard to make them in a different size though.

my main goal was to just make a small image, similar to the Blogger.com image supplied i have on my page. i don't really care for great big banners on my sites, personally. thus my motivation to make the new images. but i'd be glad to make them in a more standard size or make changes to them if someone wanted something in particular. it's all a good learning experience for me, so suggest away if you have any!

mark


Yeah those standard sizes are all in pixels. Those are the formats in general that people use for banner/button sizes. There are other standard sizes as well, the ones I mentioned seem to be some of the most popular.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:

Yeah those standard sizes are all in pixels. Those are the formats in general that people use for banner/button sizes. There are other standard sizes as well, the ones I mentioned seem to be some of the most popular.


88x31 is about the size i was shooting for. i'll work on getting one out in that format within the next couple of days.

mark
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 379
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8Purple wrote:
Website Design, Programming, Website Reviews, Hosting, Flash, ActionScript, Drawing, Digital Art, Photography, Windows, Linux, Search Engine, Google

how do you ozzu?


i like that one too. not sure how to fit it all on a banner though! :shock:

mark
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1215
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe an animated banner, each one popping up, then freezes on "how do you Ozzu?" for a while, then repeats
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6376
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

creating link images and banners was something i intended to
do right after making the header but it never happened. I'll
take some time this week and make some official ones after
getting Bigwebmaster's approval so everyone can use them
as they need.

Thanks for the interest in helping out everyone. And the
motto/slogan idea would be great for a competition just to see
some of the ideas people may have. It may or may not actually
get used officially, but it would certainly be a lot of fun.

b_heyer, can we get this hooked up in then comps forum?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 4581
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes yes...so tired though I'll put it up tomorrow when I do the other one aswell.

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.