Ozzu looking strange in Opera

• Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top and bottom parts of all Ozzu pages are looking a bit odd when using Opera.

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not having any problems on my computer. Have you tried clearing cache, or forcing a reload with f5?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've not seen that right there happen whether I'm logged in at Ozzu or not.

I have seen similar things happen in the forum/topic rows at some forums which use a background image for topic icons occasionally though. When it happens it's just long enough to be noticed & then corrects itself.

I think it's somthing with Operas' rendering engine. Opera seems to have a tendancy to act strange with background images.
I've been using the latest version of Opera [,latest available today,] since it was released.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went into Tools > Quick Preferences > and enabled GIF/SVG animation. After doing that and refreshing the problem was gone. Out of interest, I then disabled that option again and the problem did not return - so it was likely nothing really to do with that and maybe more to do with the rendering engine as you pointed out. Or something.

That was yesterday. Today I see no images anywhere on Ozzu at all (whether that option is disabled or not). All other sites I visit do have images showing.

I plan to get the latest version shortly as I'm still using v.9.00. That should hopefully fix things up.

EDIT (an hour later) : simply closing Opera and visiting Ozzu again seems to have sorted the problem for now.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, I had somthing strange happen with the cache & GIF images the other day in Opera. I thought nothing of it, but Opera told me two GIF images in the cache were corrupted. I just cleared the cache & moved on since the weather was deteriorating & I have no battery backup anymore.

The strange part is about an hour later my power flickered & it shut me down. When I turned the computer back on one of those mentioned cache files was noted in the checkdisk, which I thought was kinda strange.

I have GIF/SVG disabled by default, but have had them enabled at Ozzu for quite awhile now.

I had issues with background images embeded in stylesheets actually crashing Opera some months ago now.

Maybe there's a freaky little bug somewhere with GIF or background images.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts