Ozzu -> phpBB3: Bug feedback

• Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep seeing google adsense ads posted in threads by a "bot" living in "ozzuland". Is that meant to be there? Or is it spam?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any post like that should be reported. Sounds like a spammer.

Ozzuland rings a bell though.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is only shown if you aren't logged in. Registered logged in members do not get that ad.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
What do you suggest?

Going with what's already there.

Code: [ Select ]
<object classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0' width='500' height='400' id='charts'>

<p>Graphs require Adobe Flash Player in order to be displayed</p>

<param name='movie' value='charts/charts.swf?library_path=charts%2Fcharts_library&amp;stage_width=500&amp;stage_height=400&amp;php_source=charts%2Fvoting_machine.php%3Ftopic_id%3D85649%26amp%3Brnid%3D120415430413950'> <param name='quality' value='high'> <param name='bgcolor' value='#dddddd'> <param name='wmode' value='transparent'> <embed src='charts/charts.swf?library_path=charts%2Fcharts_library&amp;stage_width=500&amp;stage_height=400&amp;php_source=charts%2Fvoting_machine.php%3Ftopic_id%3D85649%26amp%3Brnid%3D120415430413950' quality='high' bgcolor='#dddddd' width='500' height='400' name='charts' swLiveConnect='true' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed></object><script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/light/template/fixit.js"></script>
  1. <object classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0' width='500' height='400' id='charts'>
  3. <p>Graphs require Adobe Flash Player in order to be displayed</p>
  5. <param name='movie' value='charts/charts.swf?library_path=charts%2Fcharts_library&amp;stage_width=500&amp;stage_height=400&amp;php_source=charts%2Fvoting_machine.php%3Ftopic_id%3D85649%26amp%3Brnid%3D120415430413950'> <param name='quality' value='high'> <param name='bgcolor' value='#dddddd'> <param name='wmode' value='transparent'> <embed src='charts/charts.swf?library_path=charts%2Fcharts_library&amp;stage_width=500&amp;stage_height=400&amp;php_source=charts%2Fvoting_machine.php%3Ftopic_id%3D85649%26amp%3Brnid%3D120415430413950' quality='high' bgcolor='#dddddd' width='500' height='400' name='charts' swLiveConnect='true' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed></object><script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/light/template/fixit.js"></script>

Code: [ Select ]
theObjects = document.getElementsByTagName("object");
for (var i = 0; i < theObjects.length; i++) {
theObjects[i].outerHTML = theObjects[i].outerHTML.replace(/<p>[^<]+<\/p>/i, '');;
}
  1. theObjects = document.getElementsByTagName("object");
  2. for (var i = 0; i < theObjects.length; i++) {
  3. theObjects[i].outerHTML = theObjects[i].outerHTML.replace(/<p>[^<]+<\/p>/i, '');;
  4. }
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would it be possible to make the [code] bbCode not show line numbers by default? Maybe it could be an option in the user control panel.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

A cookie for the line number state might work.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Would it be possible to make the [code] bbCode not show line numbers by default? Maybe it could be an option in the user control panel.

I was thinking the same thing. I will look into it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:

I made it off by default now. You would think that would be a simple task huh? It required me to completely recode the javascript that came with that mod. At least my version is leaner and meaner now :)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's much appreciated and definitely well worth the effort, thanks!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another option that might be better turned off by default: the "Notify me once dealt with" option for reporting posts. I'm sure most of us don't want to be notified after a moderator deletes spam or cleans up the post; we just want to report it an be done with it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Another option that might be better turned off by default: the "Notify me once dealt with" option for reporting posts. I'm sure most of us don't want to be notified after a moderator deletes spam or cleans up the post; we just want to report it an be done with it.

Fixed.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm aware you're still working on it, but on the Dark theme the "friend" posts appear in white which makes reading it impossible unless you highlight the text due to the text being a similar colour.

Is this possible to be changed so that using the dark theme can be a bit more comfortable?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I fixed that color so you can read it now.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks! That was driving me insane, and I really like the dark theme, but I had to use the light theme cos I couldn't read friends posts.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of curiosity I logged out and checked the bot... and you know what? It was there but I didn't see anything... The bot had a blank post... I think it's just me though since someone here had posted that he/she had seeing that... Why can't I see it? I was logged out.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Darn. I can't post attachments here. It would have being real easy for me to post attachments here. :( oh well... I finally got around to making a screen shot of it.

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see, that most likely just means Ozzu had no ad to show -- I simply haven't provided an alternate ad for it yet.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, that makes sense.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

mswindows-forum/error-message-startup-t86096.html

Goto that thread and try copying the logfile from the code block. Whenever I try to copy it (manually or using the link to select all), it copies over the line numbers to the clipboard even when I have them turned off.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could just be my platform, but I'm using Firefox on Mac 10.4, so it shouldn't be any different..
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I get the same thing there ...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm that is weird, I am not sure why it is doing that. With IE it is fine, with FF it copies the list numbers from the li tags.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't do that for me...

[EDIT] Okay, it didn't do that to me... Now it does... It shows the numbers when I highlight them and paste them to anything... didn't before :scratchhead:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Appears to be style information missing if someone replies to a thread between the time you hit reply and when you hit preview.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1517 ... ylehf7.jpg
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it may be making up for the avatar :lol:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Appears to be style information missing if someone replies to a thread between the time you hit reply and when you hit preview.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1517 ... ylehf7.jpg

Should be fixed now.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe add a space for avatar as that's how it would be in real posting time :lol: ...?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not really a bug, but a missing feature (I think). I seem to recall back in phpBB2 that you had it set up so that topic titles with multiple punctuation marks (i.e. !!!!!!!) would be reduced to one. That no longer seems to happen, such as with this topic.

Maybe I was just imagining this?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a bug, but of a different kind. As in, it bugs you... du-dum tsch!

Anyhoo, just another small request here. Is it possible to have a link towards the top of the screen for "mark all topics as read" i notice that there only appears to be the one at the bottom of the forum page.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 110 posts