Ozzu is slow

• STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: somewhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't visit Ozzu much, anymore. The message board is really slow and you have to do something about it.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Works fine for me.
  • STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

TomK wrote:
Works fine for me.

I have to wait ten seconds before a new page is loaded. It's annoying. Ozzu was always so fast. Where is the main server located Image?
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

STeeLRaT wrote:
I have to wait ten seconds before a new page is loaded. It's annoying. Ozzu was always so fast. Where is the main server located ?
Are you sure it's just not your own internet?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not 100% sure but I would guess that the server is located someplace in Texas, USA. But there are people on these boards from all over the world and it seems most of them, such as funny_fuzz, are having no problem.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not having any problems here.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not seeing any speed problems.
  • STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you people mean with no problems? Waiting 6 seconds before a board is loaded (before you can click a button)?
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it normally runs fine for me....but on the odd ocastion it wont load or takes along time to load...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Normally each page loads in about 0.2 seconds for me. As gu3 stated, there is the odd occassion that it does take a bit longer to load, but for the most part everybody should have fast load times.

I am guessing you are using dialup or DSL, or maybe you are having speed problems related to your ISP for loading sites from other countries. You are in Europe right? The server is located in Texas, USA.

If you are waiting 6 seconds everytime for a page to load, its definetely not something on Ozzu's end, because it shouldn't take that long.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It might be bad weather where you live. My internet has slowed down a bit now that we just had some freezing rain and all the electric lines are frozen solid. Also a few weeks back there was a GIANT window store and I'm sure a few people here can recall it. It was in North West, USA around Washington, Oregon, and parts of Canada. A have a few friends that lost power for a day or two. My internet slowed down there too. Im sure it was from dead lines though.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I happen to be the one that causes the statistics cache to be refreshed, that ends up taking a second or two.

If I look at a thread that has 75+ pages, it takes a few seconds to get the older pages of thoose threads.

The only time I have any issues with recent content is when my internet connection is slow due to weather or a drunk driver.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Normally each page loads in about 0.2 seconds for me. As gu3 stated, there is the odd occassion that it does take a bit longer to load, but for the most part everybody should have fast load times.

I am guessing you are using dialup or DSL, or maybe you are having speed problems related to your ISP for loading sites from other countries. You are in Europe right? The server is located in Texas, USA.

If you are waiting 6 seconds everytime for a page to load, its definetely not something on Ozzu's end, because it shouldn't take that long.

well i live in europe...england. and it loads fien for me so i dont see why it should be any different for anyware else in europe..i meen i have broadband but my sister only has dialup and even on her pc it seems to load in an ok time....
  • STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

0.2 seconds is so fast. I wait 5 seconds before a page is loaded and that is really annoying. Thanks for all the replies. My internet is fast but Ozzu is slow. Ozzu was fast but it is slow now. Maybe it because of the bad weather.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page generation time: 0.1946s was the load time for this page for me.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

STeeLRaT if you are using IE check your Temporary Internet File settings. Particularly if you are still using IE6. For a long time after SP2 IE6 defaulted to a little over a gig of space for Temporary Internet Files. That is way too high. If you have that kind of setting reduce the size to around 40MB and delete your temporary files. IE looks to cache files first, then loads the page if it has changed. I high setting on cache can cause some if not all sites to be slow to load.

It may not be the problem you are having but it is a possible cause worth looking into.
  • Trucker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

works fine with me too.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

it took me just over 2 seconds to conect....doesnt need to be any faster.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Computers sometimes take after their users ... lol, just kidding ... but really :wink:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

If anybody from overseas (especially from asia) is experiencing a slowdown today it could be related to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061228/ap_ ... asia_quake
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was experiencing a slow down but now its working fine.
  • neonitb
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm from asia and its working fine for me. I think the loading speed quite ok. I think ATNO/TW is right. Maybe STeeLRaT is using older version of browser.
  • ash
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu is really fast for me
  • nextweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Amsterdam

Post 3+ Months Ago

STeeLRaT wrote:
I don't visit Ozzu much, anymore. The message board is really slow and you have to do something about it.

I just signed up here, no problems at all for me
its loading pretty fast actually
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The majority of the issues with slowness have been addressed and fixed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts