Ozzu Vision

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Currently for the most part as everyone knows Ozzu has been centered around the forums. Off of the forums there is one other popular area that some of you may or may not know about and that are the templates. I was coming up with ideas today of where I would eventually like Ozzu to head towards. I was thinking it would be great if Ozzu was sort of a one-stop shop for everything webmaster related. Sort of like an Ozzu Webmaster World, Ozzu Webmaster Universe, Ozzu Webmaster Planet, Ozzu Webmaster Central, you get the idea. When coming to the main ozzu site it would diverge into separate areas, something that would have something for everyone. This is very preliminary and it would still take alot of time to reach this goal but here is what I have in mind:

• Ozzu Webmaster Universe (entry point ie. ozzu.com)
    • Ozzu Webmaster Forum
    • Ozzu Templates
    • Ozzu Hosting
    • Ozzu Domains
    • Ozzu Webmaster Tools
      • Web Based Tools
        • DNS Tools
        • SPF Tools
        • Check Server Headers
        • Deleted Domains
        • Pagerank Tools
        • SERP Tools
        • Keyword Suggestions
        • Backlink Checking
        • Image Manipulation (resizing, cropping, etc)
        • Tracking Tools
        • Any other great ideas
      • Downloadable Scripts/Tools
        • Web Counter
        • Guestbook Script
        • Any other great ideas
      • Statistics / Trends
        • Browser Statistics
        • Any other great ideas
    • Ozzu Stock Photos/Images
    • Ozzu Freelancers
    • Ozzu Career Market
    • Ozzu Tutorials
      • Text Tutorials
      • Video Tutorials
      • Books

So with the above you can see the entry point would be ozzu.com. On this page there would be large featured areas like the forums, templates, hosting, tools, stock photos, etc. When you click on any of those areas then other things can fall under that area as shown in the outline.

I would love to hear feedback on what you think of this, if you think I a missing something important, or if you think something doesn't make sense. I envision Ozzu being the place to take care of the majority of everyone's webmaster needs.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good idea. I'll have a brainstorm later and see if there is anything i can contribute to this idea.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that would work with that concept and I think work quite a bit better is eventually pull the tutorials out of the forum itself and create a dedicated tutorials area. This could even be done in blog format. In a way I was thinking along the lines of an OZZU School, not unlike w3schools, where all aspects of web design, development and programming could be addressed.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, i did actually wonder why there was no such thing as a "recent tutorials" section on the index page added in the same way the highlights are. The highlights are great, but i've found tutorials tend to get ignored for that area. As things stand i wonder how many people when visiting Ozzu realise there are a number of great tutorials on the site?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that is a good idea, I added that too the bottom. That could be a perfect place to have both video and text tutorials as well.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that, however unless you actually physically scan over the whole page it's not obvious that it is there. People may think that it's just a highlights page, maybe add some sort of text stating that there are tutorials and tmeplates towards the bottom of the page or perhaps add a section where when a visitor sees that page they can jump to the tutorial section on the page etc etc...does that make sense?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you are under the assumption that the main ozzu page is going to stay the same as it is now with more sections on the bottom like for the designs. In fact the entire main page would be new, headlines would likely be off to the side and on the other side would be big clear sections that lead to the forums, templates, hosting, etc. I will draw up a quick graphic to give you an idea of what I have in mind.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never assume, it makes an ass out of you (u) and me.

What i do do though is base my comments on what is available ;)

I know it is likely to be different, i was just commenting on how it appears at present.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I never assume, it makes an ass out of you (u) and me.

Funny, I haven't heard that line since I was in the 7th grade and one of my teachers would always say that when anybody said the word "assume".

Anyway the main page would be the point of divergence for all the main areas of ozzu and it would be very clear where those are as shown in the outline in the first post. Here is a quick idea:

Attachments:
ozzu_universe_idea.jpg
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. Looking forward to seeing this when it is complete.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts