Pay Per Click Search Engines

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to see a category for ppc engines such as Google Adwords, Overture, and others.

Just an idea...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think there is another thread similiar to this one where someone mentioned that it might be good idea to change the search engine section to "Search Engines and Marketing" and then maybe add a new forum called "Marketing Stragegies" or the like which could probably include PPC engines such as Google Adwords, Overture, etc in the description. What do you think of that?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

That will work.

:-)
  • PayPerClickUniverse.com
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

I've been a lurker at these forums for a couple of months. I learned quite a great deal and think that these forums are very useful for webmasters.

One of my personal main topics are pay per click search engines. Considering how fast the industry is growing and maturing, I think it'd be very beneficial for people to stay on top of everything that's going on.

I know that the idea for a PPC SE forum has been proposed a while ago, but unfortunately it died off. I hope that this time around, you'll give it some consideration.

I look forward to your thoughts and opinions!

Boris
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The marketing topic has long been a subject of discussion amongst the mods. Back in March when Bigweb made his post there was no seeming response or interest, not to mention feedback on his thought. Feedback would be helpful. The logistical problem is where you draw the line between helpful advice and discussion and outright spam. The Hosting board is already subject to that and is an often discussed topic with the mods. I for one would hate to see an additional board that requires high maintainance, but do believe that a "marketing" addition would benefit all of us.
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ATNO/TW,

I agree with your comment about spam. However, taking into consideration that the main topics of discussion would be major companies like Overture, Google, FindWhat, as well as the latest announcements going on in the industry, it doesn't leave a lot of room for people to spam their websites. Of course, I could be wrong.

Boris
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've mentioned more than once i'd like to see a marketing board, so i'm all in favour of this idea. :iconthumbleft:

Something I have thought for a while now is there are so many ways other than SEO to promote your web site. The subject is often touched on within the SEO forums we currently have however I do feel it would be a real advantage to everyone to have a board dedicated to the subject.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agreee about the Marketing and also the PPC forum. There are a lot of PPC related questions that don't exactly apply to search engine or google forums.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm still not seeing suggestions here. Only comments that people like the idea. Unless the board has a definitive purpose it will probably never become a reality (and I'm not trying to speak for bigweb -- just stating my own opinion about it). I think perhaps, that could be why to date, it has not become a reality. If there is a genuine interest in this, then please offer solutions, not opinions.

The board needs to work, so that it does not attract spam, but leads to fruitional discussions that will help designers. I can't speak for Bigweb, but if I was him and this was my board, I know I'd be extremely reluctant to open a new board that has the potential to become a spam magnet.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

As a marketing company the first thing we are always asked about is SEO. A lot of people have this misconception that SEO is the only method available to them to promote their web sites. This being down to lack of knowledge mainly.

I think a marketing forum would open peoples eyes to other possibilities and be a real benefit to Ozzu. Not only will it attract many new users, it will attract a new breed of user who has experience promoting web sites in methods other than SEO.

I think Bigweb had a great idea for how to organize the category structures in his suggestion.

I can't see why a marketing forum to discuss ways of promoting your web site is going to attract any more spam than the current SEO forum's do. Obviously the idea behind such a forum would be to discuss new ways of promoting web sites, email marketing, guerilla marketing, it would even open doors to duscuss offline marketing! Which 95% of webmasters fail to realise can be as effective as online marketing. Throw into this an improvement of knowledge in PPC engines as they fall more under marketing than search engine optimization in my eyes.

Pay per click is about copy writing, creativity, originality of the ad mixed with financial management. These things are all important to any successfull promotion and marketing campaign.

If we manage the forums in the same manner as we manage every other forum here at Ozzu (0 tolerance spam wise) then the message will soon get out to everyone that the new forum does not equals a place to spam your web site.

You'll get a greater advantage actually reading a marketing forum than simply trying to spam one. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Jess. I think that is exactly the kind of feedback needed to kick this off.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts