Posting advice in hosting forum

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

I myself am guiltt of this I was thinking when people ask " Any good hosts " or " could you point me to a reliable host " ect ect.

I have noticed many people ( myself included ) just posting links to webhosts and not providing much information about that webhost.

Its just there are a lot of spammy posts in that forum, Mabye there should be a system or just a rule that instead of just posting links, Mabye the users should give some infomation about that host.

It would help the person(s) who are asking for help a lot more...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kinda like Ozzu's existing stance on the subject. It's not our job to be smart for people; they need to do their research and wise up about what they put their money into.

hosting-forum/read-this-first-before-asking-for-hosting-recommendations-t34784.html
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes true. But you have seent the posts where someone asks a question and someone comes along and posts.

Hi

http://www.example.com http://www.test.com http://www.hello.com

^^

Thats what annoys me when I see posts like that :P
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, that's been going on in that forum for as long as I've been here. But think about it: if you were a moderator here, would you really want to have to deal with all the spam in that forum on a daily basis?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest Know I would not, It would be rather annoying.. Saying that I have noticed certain staff trying to stop people from doing that.

But I can see what you mean, It would be taking up their time, When they have other stuff to do.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Yeah, that's been going on in that forum for as long as I've been here. But think about it: if you were a moderator here, would you really want to have to deal with all the spam in that forum on a daily basis?

I think you have a fair point. Maybe we should let other people see what it's like being a moderator on this forum so you have an idea on the level of spam the moderators here have to deal with.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not saying that it is easy SB, and it must be annoying. I respect the Job you guys do.

I was just thinking about the amount of spam in that forum that people get away with.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts