Posting confirmation oddities

• casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm referring to the "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" message. It's meant to appear when you are moving away with unsaved changes, but here are a couple of places where I found the behaviour to be odd:

1. It appears when you click the "Preview" button on the "Edit signature" page.
2. It doesn't appear when you preview a post and then move away without submitting the post.

I'm guessing these should be easy to fix.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have noticed these as well, I plan on getting around to fix them hopefully soon.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know its been awhile since you posted about this, but finally had a chance to redo this area today. I double checked the conditions you mentioned and everything appears to working correctly now. Hopefully I am not missing any conditions. To sum things up here is how it should behave:

-No text entered in quick reply form, NO confirmation prompt period
-No text entered in regular post boxes, NO confirmation prompt period
-User clicks on any preview buttons and then tries to navigate away from the form instead of submitting it, there WILL BE a confirmation prompt
-Text entered in quick reply and user does not actually submit the form but instead tries to leave the page, then there WILL BE a confirmation prompt
-Text entered in quick reply box and then Post Advanced Reply is hit, and then the user navigates away from the page, then there WILL BE a confirmation prompt
-No text entered in quick reply box and then Post Advanced Reply is hit, and then the user navigates away from the page, then there is NO confirmation prompt

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts