Premium members cant unlock their own locked topics....

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well As the title says, If I lock a topic. I can't unlock that topic. Just pointing this out as it would be good to be able to unlock them to :P
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never knew premium members could lock topics, maybe it's a bug...
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

They can lock their own topics. You get it with a silver membership.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes Musik I was talking about out own topics, But the fact we cant Unlock is rather annoying :P
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure why members need to lock their own topics?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see it ever really coming in handy unless someone starts flaming in the members post and the member doesn't want to wait for a Mod to see their PM.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to admit I can't see a use for it either, even moderators are only allowed to lock topics in exceptional circumstances.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Premium member ability appears to be something bigweb added as akin to a global moderator permission to lock topics. One would think if you can lock, then you can unlock. Looks to be a phpbb3 glitch.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually there is a point to it, Say I am making a FAQ or a big thread, And It needs updating but I dont want people to post, I could lock it...

Its not just that but people have paid for it MUSIK, I am not to bothered I just thought I would report it :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Weirdness. I still don't get why anyone would want to lock their own topics even if they paid for it. It just makes no sense even with the examples you gave.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Either way It would just be good if this could be fixed.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never intended on members being able to also unlock their topics, only lock them (as the premium features list says). The reasoning for this is first of all the phpBB permission system only allows for locking if you aren't a moderator. There is no permission setting that I can set to allow members to unlock their posts. The second and main reason I cannot allow this is because moderators will go in and lock members posts for numerous reasons. If a member is able to unlock their post then this could go against a moderators lock. It makes sense to allow you to lock your own post because you cannot undo what other moderators have done on your own posts/topics if they had locked it.

Overall a member being able to lock their post really isn't that useful. Really the only circumstance I can think of was if you were to ask a question and it got resolved. For instance if you had a programming problem that you could not figure out and you got numerous responses and finally someone's responses helped you and everything was working for you now. Really you don't need anymore responses so if you were to lock your own topic then you wouldn't get anymore. Another such area that it might be useful is in the job opportunity forum as once a member finally hired someone they probably wouldn't need any additional responses.

Hope this makes sense to everybody. Not a feature that is really needed, just a little something extra for premium silver members. Implementing an unlock feature just wouldn't make sense here unfortunately because of undoing moderator locks.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had quite a few people PM me asking to have a topic locked in the Job Offers forum through the years. It definately comes in handy there.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about a mod for the job forum for any member to lock their own topic?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that Idea :P

and yes that make sense BWM.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts