Preview/Submit Buttons

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

They look kinda weird when there out side the main box of the fields and way down at the bottom of the page. At first look it looks like BWM has some coding problems that need to be fixed. He might want them there but they look out of place to me.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Screenshot please. What browser are you using too. Thanks.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

FF and IE, though the screen shot is in FF.

http://files.nytrovil.com/gif/ozzu_sh_1.gif
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I was just making sure you saw the same thing.

Yes the submit button is after everything. It is the same way on the dark theme too. I could probably remove that Forum Information box and put that information up like on the dark theme so that it would bring the preview and submit button higher. Do you think that would help?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the submit and preveiw buttons should be included in part of the boxed layout vs being out side everything and looking like there on the background of the page. Also one thing you could do is put in a simple show/hide script that would close up some of the content boxes such as the poll or the forum information. This would make the page a little more compact and not so dragged out for such little information that isnt always needed.

And yes I think the Forum information should be incorperated into something else. Having it span the hole page for such little information seems strange.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of the submit buttons on the light theme are outside of the box. Look below this quick reply for instance. It is not inside of the box either.

Is this just a cosmetic issue for you? Or was the main point you don't want to scroll down so far? I believe I can work to bring the submit and preview buttons higher if that is the main thing you want looked into.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the main thing that got my notice of it was I couldnt find the submit button the first time I went to make a post ;) On most webpage or programs the "Next" button is on the lower right hand side. This shows a step of moving forwards. Just like reading a book. Left to right, top to bottom.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

So on that page you think I should move the preview and submit buttons to the right side?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya, I think that would help the general navigation of that page.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would say the same thing.. for looks and general navigation the buttons should be just under the text box or with in the same box as the text box
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
So on that page you think I should move the preview and submit buttons to the right side?

Not necessarily the right, but at least higher up on the left in a somewhat "normal" position. I've grown accustomed to where they are at the moment, but standard users expect them to be immediately under the form.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find it rather annoying to have to scroll so far down to submit a reply not written in the quick reply box.

Not sure how you would make it higher though but its something I would love to see changed eventually :D

xx
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well BWM could move the buttons above the forum settings and then make the poll box a colapsable div. The reason is there arnt alot of posts that have polls. So then the box would be default to closed. There would just be the main box for it with Create a Poll, Make it look like a link so people would see it. Then when they click it the box would open up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts