I'm pruned and still notified

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasn't sure how to put the title to this post so that is what I got.

Anyway, I once posted something in Tutorial Suggestions for PHP, but I was pruned a long time ago. Even though, I still see it when I view my posts.

It doesn't really bug me... just something I thought to point out because I always click on it and then wonder why it's pupping out from 'View your posts'.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Screenshots, post URLs, any more details you can include ?

The only thing I can think of is maybe something funny happened when I split a portion of that thread off into the Website Security tutorials forum.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess it might have being a one of a time case (Which happened three times :lol: )

I used to post to tutorial suggestions in PHP Tutorials category. When someone posted there (After it was pruned) and I view my post, I see the icon being red indicating that there is a new post... that hasn't happened since I made that post so I'm thinking all is good.

If you want to test it, post there and I will reply back here if I see it up top in my egosearch.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm pretty sure the tutorial forums don't get "pruned", "pruned" meaning old posts get deleted by the phpBB software periodically. :)

I really think it had something to do with me using that thread to create the suggestions thread in Website Security tutorials after genux replied to it about SQL injection tutorials. Meaning it was a one-off thing that's not likely to happen very often if at all again.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know... All I know about that thread is that I once posted in there and now it's gone... and when I view my posts it's there in the results, and if someone posted in there, I get notified.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts