Quck reply form

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been randomly getting an error when I submit through the quick reply form. I haven't been able to pin point the problem yet, but I'd figure I would post something to see if anyone else has been having a problem.

Quote:
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Browser: Google Chrome 3
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

How often does it happen?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will usually happen at least once. I only post a few times a day, so I can't really say exactly how often.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A time out problem is the typical reason for that error, but most references were to RC releases of phpbb

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... 30ce98f7da
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get the error occasionally too. It always happens when I use a tab that's been open for a long time. It also happens with the advanced reply form.

It's probably safe to say that every time it happens to me I've been jumping through multiple tabs looking up things and quoting sources to put together a rather lengthy or informational reply, which takes awhile sometimes.

phpBB3 uses random tokens in forms to help thwart CSRF attacks, after a designated amount of time the token is voided and the form will need to be refreshed to get a new token. If you're using the same behavior I described with the lengthy replies and old tabs, this is a likely cause of the issue. :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So just copy the reply before submitting it. That is the only solution I can see from the side of the user... and probably to Bigwebmaster if he wants to keep the shield against CSRF attacks.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Currently with Ozzu, the maximum time to submit a form before the submitted form would be invalid is 7200 seconds.

However, I just noticed that sessions are set to expire after 3600 seconds which I believe means the above max would be 1 hour before having the problem since with the session expiring the form would also be submitted as invalid. So for the ones having this problem do you think its possible that the form sat open for over 1 hour before being submitted?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of the time I check new posts from the view unread posts link and just open them in new tabs, by the time I get around to reading them all and responding to the last one I could see an hour passing.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounds a lot like what I do too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts