Question about Website Reviews.

• Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Howdy-ho.

Hey i was wondering, am i allowed to submit a site for review if it has no content? I mean i'ts one of my hobbies to build site templates and layouts, experimenting and trying to be creative, but i'm not much of a webmaster.. i'm more of a webdesigner, as i stated somewhere else it's much like playing lego, you have fun times creating your huge town and then you're too tired to play with it heh.

Thing is, when i submit a layout of mine on the Website Review forum, i don't get much replies on the layout itself (which is what i'm looking for), instead i get more replies of the sort: "What is this site for? Where's the content?"

So i was thinking, why not let users do this: If it's just a layout they want commentary upon, they should make "Layout Review:" thread titles instead of "Site Review:", or something similar... although i think i'm the only person submiting layouts without content... kinda feel like the hairless cheep in the flock :-P

Sorry if i wrote this in the wrong spot.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's tough to review a layout without knowing what's going to be in it. The only purpose of a layout is to present information, and if we don't know the information, it's difficult to say whether it accomplices it's task or not.
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for moving this, i was confused for a second where to post it, then i noticed the suggestions forum... Doh.

I guess you make a valid point, but one can download templates and ready-to-use layouts on the web, can't those be criticised too?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if it's just a layout, why not post it in the photoshop/photography forum? It seems to make more sense to put it there since the web reviews forum is about reviewing an actual site rather than a layout.
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, i'll do that from now on.

It's just that i really want opinions on my work so i can progress, and honestly, there's no place like Ozzu for that :oops:. Thanks, thread can come to an end i suppose.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see why there is a problem to post templates for review in the Website reviews section, after all layout is an integral part of the website, content is the sauce on top.

How are you posting the websites? As html sites or as a whole image?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well to me, a layout is a graphic design which would fit better in that forum than in the website review. He's basically looking for critics on his design and I'm sure he'd get more in depth comments in the photography/design forum than the web reviews. Or maybe he could post it in the website design forum as well?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe you have a point, maybe I should just shuddup and go cook dinner ;)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it's a problem with a layout or a question on how to do something it needs to go in to the Web Design forum. D&D is for graphics and art and photography. Layouts and anything similar go in Web Design.

If you want feedback on that layout, finished or not, it needs to go in the Reviews section. :kingwithcrown:
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gleep... im confused :shock:.
I'll see what i'll do! If the mods feel it shouldnt be where it is, they move it and warn me, mmkay? :P

Or um... make a layout/template design forum :oops:, i guess the only one posting there would me be tho :roll:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would say based on what you're asking for, post it as a review. no one said a review was for a completed site. ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts