Read Problem

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not entirely sure whether this is related to the upgrade, but i have noticed that whenever you view a message normally after viewing the message it will show it as having been read. When clicking on the link taking you back to the forum i am on to see which other topics are available it shows it as being not read.

Normally when this happens it will have been because someone might have left a reply between the time you opened the subject initially and you wont have seen the reply. This has happened quite a few times today. Nothing major, just something i thought i might mention to the Ozzu mafioso :wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because when you click back, it's loading a cached copy of the page. If you hit refresh, it comes up accurately. :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem and I believe so did labrego. Though I don't hit the back button nor the "refresh" button, I just click on the ozzu logo to get back to hte main page and the problem is still the same. According to ATNO, we gotta log out, clean out our cookies and log back in and it should work.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

now, i know i aint the brightest bulb in the box...but, come on?

Ok. Heres a step by step walkthrough in the life of SB Ozzu browsing...

1) I go to the General Discussion forum and see a topic which hasnt been read called "GTKY -- 613flavah" so being interested in what might be in this topic i would click on it and read the content.

2) After reading all that i require to read in this topic i would click on the "General Discussion" link at the bottom or top of the page and it should take me back to that forum and show me any other topics that might interest me.

3) Apon entering the forum again, i notice that the GTKY thread is lit up showing that there has been reply only to find that the last reply was the very reply i just read.

4) i leave the General Discussion forum by clicking on the "Webmaster Forum" button at the top (or the logo) it it takes me to the index page, i would then go back into the General Discussion forum and see that that topic is still waiting to be viewed.

5) being quite irritated (for some reason it just bugs me somehow, dont let this be a reason for it not being fixed by the way :wink:) i then click back into the topic to see if by chance i might have missed something. I havnt.

6) i go back out into the GD forum and see that a) its still wanting me to see it or b) its gone and shows that i have seen it.

Its being doing this all day. Is this something i could fix from my computer? or is anyone else having this minor yet bugging problem?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

last post was sent in reply to Axe's, flavah. You nipped in before me :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh ok I was going to say LOL
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB, don't you realize this is happening because Flavah want you to read her GTKY very well?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no GTKY about me
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know Flavah, just picking on SB :D
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi SB,

I am not able to duplicate your problem so I am not going to be able to fix it. I just tried and did exactly what you described and it was marked read sucessfully for me.

There are a few things that might cause a problem off the top of my head. In the last few updates there was a major change that may have corrupted your cookies. If that was the case it would have been possible that this would cause some issues that you are experiencing. So what I recommend just to be on the safe side is to actually go in and delete any Ozzu cookies and then make sure all your browsers are closed. At that point open up a new browser and log back into ozzu and see if you still have the problem.

Also this doesn't sound like the problem, but when you view a thread it will NOT be marked read until you read the last post in the thread. So for instance lets say a thread has 3 pages. You click on the topic and read only the first page and then go back to the main page of ozzu. That topic will still be marked unread because you have not read the last page on that topic.

Other than that unless I can duplicate your problem myself, I really do not think there is much I am going to be able to do. Try the above and see if that helps you any.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys with the problems, what browser? :)

If you guys are getting the error in FF and Bigweb tried to replicate it in IE (which isn't giving issues to me), then it ain't gonna happen.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Hi SB,

I am not able to duplicate your problem so I am not going to be able to fix it. I just tried and did exactly what you described and it was marked read sucessfully for me.

There are a few things that might cause a problem off the top of my head. In the last few updates there was a major change that may have corrupted your cookies. If that was the case it would have been possible that this would cause some issues that you are experiencing. So what I recommend just to be on the safe side is to actually go in and delete any Ozzu cookies and then make sure all your browsers are closed. At that point open up a new browser and log back into ozzu and see if you still have the problem.

Also this doesn't sound like the problem, but when you view a thread it will NOT be marked read until you read the last post in the thread. So for instance lets say a thread has 3 pages. You click on the topic and read only the first page and then go back to the main page of ozzu. That topic will still be marked unread because you have not read the last page on that topic.

Other than that unless I can duplicate your problem myself, I really do not think there is much I am going to be able to do. Try the above and see if that helps you any.

Thanks BWM. I think you are right in that the update probably currpted my ozzu cookies. Just after reading flavahs first reply i logged out and deleted the cookies then logged back in. At the moment everything seems to be back to normal. Hopefully it remains that way.

Thanks!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, i still seem to be having this problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have the problem. OZZU is working exactly as expected for read tracking for me with FF 1.5 (and IE 6 for that matter)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts