A really Back Burner suggestion, but a unique one.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's been several instances where people have missed or thought they missed cutoffs on the competition. Wondering about the possibility to user server time to lock the competition topic if past the deadline. If I recall, server time is US Central time zone. Then Flavah could specify central time as cutoff time based on time of post. It's a rather far out idea and not of immediate concern but would be kinda cool to have.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the server time is actually PST, since that is the timezone I am from. It really doesn't matter what the local server time is though, as you could write a script to use whatever timezone you want. In this case I would simply have it use GMT time, but convert it for each user as phpBB currently does depending on your profile settings.

Yah this would be something on the bottom of the list for things to do.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Yah this would be something on the bottom of the list for things to do.

Someone somewhere will envy your determination to make this place a better one BigWeb. I cannot imagine how much time went into the white theme, so well done to you.

I agree with ATNO that this should be included at some point, although as a temporary solution i'm sure with leaving just the date and not the time as the cut off time to post submissions works. I guess it could be more complicated, but it would run like for example how a certain pool runs on your site ATNO.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts