Reason for bad loading time of ozzu?

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Know how Ozzu shows a blank page but the status bar below says done? And the code is still all there where it should be? That annoys me a lot. Today (and many times before, I just didn't care about this) I tried going to this site and it said that there were some MySQL error. Maybe other people and maybe BigWebMaster may have gotten it himself, but below is what my browser showed me.

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/ozzu/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 56

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/ozzu/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 620

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/ozzu/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 621
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Just a thought.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have done some major fixes this afternoon, and was stopping and starting the database a good amount which is why you were probably getting the errors (today anyway). I believe things should be much better now as far as errors and the performance of ozzu.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow... yes... the site is definitely running MUCH smoother.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I have done some major fixes this afternoon, and was stopping and starting the database a good amount which is why you were probably getting the errors (today anyway). I believe things should be much better now as far as errors and the performance of ozzu.

Ok. But that error message was coming to me before too. I guess you were probably fixing it then too.

spork wrote:
Wow... yes... the site is definitely running MUCH smoother.

I agree with that.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Ok. But that error message was coming to me before too. I guess you were probably fixing it then too.

Before yesterday it was probably caused by problems with the server. With yesterday though, it would have been much more noticeable since I was constantly taking the database down to fix some issues :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Before yesterday it was probably caused by problems with the server. With yesterday though, it would have been much more noticeable since I was constantly taking the database down to fix some issues :)

okay. Looks like you did a good job :) I'm not getting the blank page anymore :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts